AUTOart Porsche 356/1 1948

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
Atalante

AUTOart Porsche 356/1 1948

Post by Atalante » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:43 pm

This is an updated version of the Porsche 356 #1 built by Autoart several years ago and long sold out. It is presented in the new blue Autoart box and the updates consists mainly in the wheels reflecting those that were present on the original 356 #1, also called the Gmünd coupé.

Previous Autoart version had VW Beetle-like chromed wheels that were fitted on the real car later on. The real car was heavily modified in his life and later restored but rather than restoring it again back to the original the Porsche Museum decided to built another example closer to the original. See link with historic background further down.

The new wheels finish from the Autoart don't reflect exactly the original. They should have been done in machined aluminum for better result. Also Autoart chose to keep the silver paint rather than the blueish satin grey of the recreated coupé.

Now for the pictures:

Some info on the second Porsche 356/1 recreated by the museum:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/05/2 ... ting-no-1/

And a few pictures I took during my visit of the museum back in June:

Superb Museum by the way for anyone who has the opportunity :drool:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: AUTOart Porsche 356/1 1948

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 pm

I didn't realize there was an update to this particular model. Since I love the design I may just need to add one. The museum is on the bucket list, hopefully, sooner rather than later!

Return to “AUTOart”