Kyosho 1/12 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Nismo Z-Tune Z2

Kyosho related news, headlines and general discussion.
David

Kyosho 1/12 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Nismo Z-Tune Z2

Post by David » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:24 pm

If I'm not mistaken, this is the very first R34 GT-R reproduced in 1/12 and what a presence! I love the Z-Tune Z2 and I had to have this close to perfection replica of the car. The ones produced in 1/18 are mostly half baked (OttO is quite shitty, Aa is old, HPI is funky, etc.). Simple boxy design yet hard to capture!

I was quite afraid when Kyosho announced it as they work in collaboration with GT Spirit and by extension OttO. OttO who did the R34 Clubman and Z-Tune failed to replicate correctly the R34. Poor attempt, they didn't do their homework.
With the 1/12 around the corner, we can easily think that they will simply upscale the 1/18 and call it a day. Thankfully, they did not. The 1/12 has its own mold and boy does she look impressive! There is nothing much to say apart from the fact that she is too expensive for the price paid (luckily it was my Bday gift). The only thing bothering me is the headlights, they are not fully true to the 1/1. In fact, she looks like she has eyelids...Not a big issue (in my opinion) as it gives an aggressive front facia to the car...

Silver Bullet - Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R (R34) Z-Tune Z2 - Kyosho 1/12 by David TRIN, on Flickr

Silver Bullet - Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R (R34) Z-Tune Z2 - Kyosho 1/12 by David TRIN, on Flickr

ImageSilver Bullet - Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R (R34) Z-Tune Z2 - Kyosho 1/12 by David TRIN, on Flickr

Mr.Impreza

Re: Kyosho 1/12 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Nismo Z-Tune Z2

Post by Mr.Impreza » Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Such a beauty!

Return to “Kyosho”