Kyosho Lotus Europa Special

Kyosho related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

Kyosho Lotus Europa Special

Post by Gavin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Lotus produced the Europa from 1966 to 1975. This model by Kyosho represents the Special, which was one of the later variants introduced in 1972. As is the Lotus way, these cars were extremely lightweight & reasonably powerful for their time. I've always liked the Europa, as a family friend had one in the late '70's. Not what I would call a beautiful car, but very unique (in a good way).

Kyosho's version is nicely done, though do keep in mind, this mold was released in 1999...making it one of Kyosho's oldest models. Rather large panel gaps, dog-legs on the doors, reasonable detail. The model was initially released in black, white or green, all with fantastic gold pin-striping (to honor the JPS F1 cars). Later cars in 2005 & 2010 came with rear wings.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Kyosho Lotus Europa Special

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Sorry, this Lotus does absolutely nothing for me :(

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 pm

I don't like it either. This model could be a bit lowered to get a better stance. But it is the ugly duckling in the Lotus stable. Chip Foose did an amazing job on modding a Europe. Except for the stupid large wheels he put under, that car was close to perfection.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:06 pm

I used to have the black one. It's a great model, but it's like the breadvan, won't do anything for you unless you know a fair amount about it.

Return to “Kyosho”