Revised pricing for the Ousia series

Kyosho related news, headlines and general discussion.
Emil_SWE

Revised pricing for the Ousia series

Post by Emil_SWE » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:35 am

Seems like Kyosho has revised the price-point of their Ousia resin-model series. The earlier models like the Lamborghini Veneno has previously been set at about EUR 300 MSRP. But the recently released Aventador SV is alot better priced for a resin brick at EUR 89. Can´t comment on quality or overall appearence since I´ve not seen it in person yet, but I´m tempted to get one. :)

The change of price point has also been applied to previous releases such as the Huracan and Veneno that are now also priced at EUR 89.

A change for the better if you ask me! :okay: This also bodes well for anyone that missed out on the first edition Kyosho Ferrari F40. Ousia is said to release one soon and if it´s EUR 89 they will sell LOADS even if it´s not with any opening parts. :fingercrossed:

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/31481/ ... c09501grw/

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/31479/ ... o/c09511p/

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/32092/ ... o/c09521r/
Last edited by Emil_SWE on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Revised pricing for the Ousia series

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 am

The pricing on this series is quite competitive and overall the models look exceptional. Unfortunately their one mistake they keep making models that AUTOart has completed or will complete with opening bits, slow sales might explain the price point move.

Emil_SWE

Post by Emil_SWE » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:38 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:The pricing on this series is quite competitive and overall the models look exceptional. Unfortunately their one mistake they keep making models that AUTOart has completed or will complete with opening bits, slow sales might explain the price point move.
Yep, very valid point. Makes me think about the profit margin on the Ousia models. I bet they still make a buck or two from these even at this lower pricepoint. Maybe they wanted to compete with BBR and MR just by raising the prices. And the market gave them a cold shoulder.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

Emil_SWE wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:The pricing on this series is quite competitive and overall the models look exceptional. Unfortunately their one mistake they keep making models that AUTOart has completed or will complete with opening bits, slow sales might explain the price point move.
Yep, very valid point. Makes me think about the profit margin on the Ousia models. I bet they still make a buck or two from these even at this lower pricepoint. Maybe they wanted to compete with BBR and MR just by raising the prices. And the market gave them a cold shoulder.
If Costco is selling Masitos at $13.99 US each, there has to be some margin at this price point. :o

Emil_SWE

Post by Emil_SWE » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:28 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Emil_SWE wrote:
If Costco is selling Masitos at $13.99 US each, there has to be some margin at this price point. :o
Very true! Even if the Kyoshos are made to a higher level of quality than most if not all Maistos.

the1

Post by the1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:13 am

Ousia is sealed die-cast and they were cheap right from the outset. The Huracan comes in sealed die-cast and resin versions (not Ousia), hence the steep price difference (300 versus 89).

Emil_SWE

Post by Emil_SWE » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:05 am

Lucky13 wrote:I think you have really hard time grasping how price point and profits work. The thing I like tho, is that people are kind of starting to wake up to the fact that the buyer actually dictates the prices, not the manufacturer.
Well, I´d like to think I understand . My inital comment about the profit-margin was to point to the fact that Kyosho tried to charge WAY too much.
Ousia is sealed die-cast and they were cheap right from the outset. The Huracan comes in sealed die-cast and resin versions (not Ousia), hence the steep price difference (300 versus 89).
OK :okay:
Last edited by Emil_SWE on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:09 am

Lucky13 wrote:I think you have really hard time grasping how price point and profits work. The thing I like tho, is that people are kind of starting to wake up to the fact that the buyer actually dictates the prices, not the manufacturer.

But, but... Justin Snyder told me it was AUTOart's fault!

Return to “Kyosho”