Minichamps Mercedes-Benz Stirling Moss (DE)

Minichamps (PMA) related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

Minichamps Mercedes-Benz Stirling Moss (DE)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 pm

I've been waiting patiently for our Modelissimo order to arrive. It arrived this week (thank you Florin), and today I picked up a couple of my 2011 Top 5 models! The first being the MB McLaren Stirling Moss DE edition. You can't find this car in any shape or form in North America, so Europe is the next logical choice. The good news is the order came in, the bad news is the model isn't without flaw. First, the engine hood was so tight I had to reference the Internet to ensure I was opening the damn thing the right direction - I was. Either is wasn't aligned to spec or it was in contact with some glue. Second the hood line/steam on the driver side is poor, and lastly 1/3 of the Black paint fell off our went missing from the front emblem. I've always had good luck with Minichamps models, but this one seems rushed to market.

The model overall is good. I do like how they included the top covers and separation bar. The motor detail is basic and the rear storage is lined with carpet. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: Minichamps Mercedes-Benz Stirling Moss (DE)

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Definitely different! I remember driving this in Forza 3. Not everyone likes this car, but I do. It's pretty special and not very widely known

Gavin

Re: Minichamps Mercedes-Benz Stirling Moss (DE)

Post by Gavin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 am

The styling doesn't do a thing for me (the regular SLR doesn't either)...though this car looks pretty good in silver. I find the orange hobby edition fairly hideous.

Return to “Minichamps (Paul's Model Art)”