Toleman Hart 184

Minichamps (PMA) related news, headlines and general discussion.
Oldtimer

Toleman Hart 184

Post by Oldtimer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toleman_TG184

Admittedly, I am neither a Formula 1 fan, nor an Ayrton Senna fan. When I add this model to my collection, that will be two Formula 1 cars on the shelves, the other one being the #5 Eagle-Weslake that Dan Gurney used to win the 1967 Race of Champions at Brands Hatch.

The acquisition of this model had become an obsession of mine, as I am a fan of ingenuity and interpretation. The double rear wing, in my mind, was genius, regardless of how successful the car might have been on the race track.

It appears that Minichamps did a pretty good job replicating the car, although with no opening parts (it would be cool to be able to see the details of the turbo-charged Hart inline 4-cylinder engine), to current standards, it's not a superior model.

Here's a couple of shots.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Toleman Hart 184

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:30 am

That is different. I've never seen this dual wing set-up before.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:51 am

Is this the one Senna almost beat Prost with in the rain at Monaco? He was lapping 3 seconds faster than anyone else.

bobbyfabi

Post by bobbyfabi » Sat May 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Senna's Toleman at Monaco looked somewhat different.
The car was blue and white with no red and also had Candy sponsorship on the sidepods.
I have always wanted this model and thought a conversion to the Monaco car would make
a very attractive model.
I bought my first VCR in '84 and the Monaco Grand Prix was one of the first races I recorded.
It was broadcast on ABC's Wide World of Sports and I still have the race on videotape.
I also remember Senna losing the rear wing of his Toleman on one of the high speed straights
through the forest at Hockenhiem in the German GP that year.
He was flat out in fifth gear and spun, hitting the Armco, but was unhurt.

Return to “Minichamps (Paul's Model Art)”