Question regarding numbers of limited editions Hot Wheels Elite

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
DonGibon

Question regarding numbers of limited editions Hot Wheels Elite

Post by DonGibon » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:11 pm

Hi all.

I just started collecting Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari's and while some say on the box 1 of 10.000 or 1 of 5000 some just say limited editions and that it. How can i find out how many have been done. Thanks

Oldtimer

Re: Question regarding numbers of limited editions Hot Wheels Elite

Post by Oldtimer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:13 pm

If the box gives a maximum number, I think you can be pretty assured that's how many they made.

If there's no specific number, especially for a model made that long ago, not sure if there's any source, other than the manufacturer, and even that might be a shot in the dark.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:56 pm

I'm in agreement with Oldtimer. There isn't a record of as far as I know. There was a Canadian retailers of West in Canada that maintained "big list" - it was maintained during the Hot Wheels Elite years, they may have insight of quantities. Unfortunately I'm having a brain fart and cannot remember the name of the website. Someone?

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:01 pm

Was it Kevin on his Scale18 board?

If so, even though he kept the website up for the four or five “regulars”, the “big list” went the way of the Dodo bird.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:39 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:01 pm

If so, even though he kept the website up for the four or five “regulars”, the “big list” went the way of the Dodo bird.
Loved that HUGE list. Was a great source of info & data. I even submitted some pics/details on models that he didn't have...mainly Dealer Editions. It was replaced by some other database, but its nothing like it Kevin's.

Regarding the original question, ibj40 is right, Mattel ever released quantities on the models that didn't state a specific run. I have 24 Hot Wheels Elite models, 14 of them have specific runs...the rest are open runs.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:39 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:01 pm

LOL, yes!

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”