Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 308 GTS

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 308 GTS

Post by Gavin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am

Just reshooting some old pics, so not a new addition to my collection.

Born in the '70s & growing up in the '80s, the Ferrari 308 was iconic. From its starring role on Magnum P.I. and other shows & movies, its a car that very much brought Ferrari into the mainstream. I've always loved the styling & it will always be a special car for me for 2 reasons:

1. It was the first Ferrari I ever rode in. My dad's boss bought a new '83 Quattrovalve (2-tone red/black over tan). He had it delivered to his house while he was on vacation & told my dad to pick it up & drive it home for the weekend...so my dad actually drove it before he did. I was 9 at the time & actually skipped my Friday night TV shows to spend time in the garage with it....that's dedication.

2. It was the first (& only, to date :cry: ) Ferrari I've ever driven. In 2002, I helped a buddy of mine locate an '82 GTS that he ended up buying. We drove it down to the Hocking Hills area of Ohio (where many of the Michigan based car mags do their comparo tests) & had a blast. Not fast, but so fun to drive & sounds excellent.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 308 GTS

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Lovely Ferrari! How much I miss Hot Wheels Elite! There is such a gap is mid-range, full access Ferraris today!

Gavin

Re: Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 308 GTS

Post by Gavin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am

thanks, KRAFTIG. Hot Wheels Elite is sorely missed. :cry:

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”