Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari 125 S

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari 125 S

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:18 pm

I recently picked this Elite up at a decent price, well before the model will become extinct and hard to find. I was definitely surprised at the level of detail and paint quality. Yes the wire wheels aren't CMC level but they are more then satisfactory! Engine detail is superb as the photos will show. I also love the baby blue powder-coating found within the interior and the detail on the inside of door. Well done Hot Wheels Elite. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari 125 S

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Nice little model. Just not a fan of its looks lol (and that giant dog leg!!)

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:37 pm

By the way, both cars that were made by Ferrari were dismantled and the parts used for other cars. Both cars currently in existence are replicas.
I did not know that.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:00 pm

It a real shame Ferrari never pieced together these valuable and key pieces of their history :(

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:52 pm

And the Sharknoses

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:42 pm

kind of wish I'd bought one of these for its historical significance & the quality of the model...but as Wes mentioned, I have a hard time getting into the styling.

Missa

Post by Missa » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:48 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:I recently picked this Elite up at a decent price, well before the model will become extinct and hard to find. I was definitely surprised at the level of detail and paint quality. Yes the wire wheels aren't CMC level but they are more then satisfactory! Engine detail is superb as the photos will show. I also love the baby blue powder-coating found within the interior and the detail on the inside of door. Well done Hot Wheels Elite. Enjoy the pics!

This is a cute little
And Surprisingly nice, accurate model. I love it. :okay:

Indeed, the 1:1 was in dog leg hinge. Only the smaller size. :D

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 pm

I am pretty sure I have this in storage but could not resist buying it as a Super Elite(My first). I am against the pricing of the Supers knowing they start out as basic models. It's like buying a $20k car and putting on $50k in options. But Amazon had it on Prime so I figured I would give it a go.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:54 pm

JamesonsViggen wrote:I am pretty sure I have this in storage but could not resist buying it as a Super Elite(My first). I am against the pricing of the Supers knowing they start out as basic models. It's like buying a $20k car and putting on $50k in options. But Amazon had it on Prime so I figured I would give it a go.
The wheels look much more refined on the SE, though like you I couldn't justify the price. They are crazy expensive here in Canada.

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:15 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
JamesonsViggen wrote:I am pretty sure I have this in storage but could not resist buying it as a Super Elite(My first). I am against the pricing of the Supers knowing they start out as basic models. It's like buying a $20k car and putting on $50k in options. But Amazon had it on Prime so I figured I would give it a go.
The wheels look much more refined on the SE, though like you I couldn't justify the price. They are crazy expensive here in Canada.

How expensive is it? The lowest I have seen is $208 USD on eBay. I think I got a steal.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:28 pm

About the same when you convert to CND.

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”