Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari F355 Spider - Red

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari F355 Spider - Red

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Well I've been trying to catch up on a few Ferraris from the Hot Wheels Elite brand before they become extinct. The latest entry, and Ferrari number 45 is the F355 Spider in Red. The model is definitely nice, very well executed on many levels. Makes me think why I spent the extra coin on the Kyosho F355. Shutlines are nice, head light operation is good, and interior detail is above average. The only challenge was opening the rear hatch to access the motor. The bulk section of the Spider's retractable top is slightly in the path of the hatch . Nonetheless a solid piece for any Ferrari collection. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari F355 Spider - Red

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Not my cup of tea, but I like the pics. Particularly the rear three quarters/slightly from above pic.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:53 pm

While I prefer my F355 in GTS form, it does look outstanding as a Spider. I just sold my UT Spider last week (after buying the Elite GTB).

Interesting that Hot Wheels Elite did the updated interior. Kind of cool.

Hot Wheels Elite Berlinetta

Hot Wheels Elite Spider

kevinb120

Post by kevinb120 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Finally got around to getting one of these, as they're languishing on shelves for some reason so I got it for a steal. IRL the spider is about 50/50 with the berlinetta with owners, more so then most other Ferraris. I think the model is quite good, and Hot Wheels Elite's pictures of it really bring it down. Even in these excellent pics, it still doesn't look as good as it does in person. I actually think it's better then the coupe. I was going to undertake the process of painting the interior tan, but the paintwork in the black interior is excellent as is. Other then some fender badges I think i'm leaving it as is, it's really an underappreciated model.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Absolutely agree. I wish I can get Hot Wheels Elite quality today at their pricing, they were terrific, and this one is going to a steal as you mentioned. Maybe I'll take some new photos with the new gear ;)

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”