Hot Wheels Elite 458 GT2 vs Super Elite launch edition

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
Mikey MKIV

Hot Wheels Elite 458 GT2 vs Super Elite launch edition

Post by Mikey MKIV » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:21 am

Sorry, I thought there was a thread somewhere pertaining to the hot wheels elite 458 GT2, but anyways, does anyone have comparison of the elite version vs the super elite launch version? Im wanting to pick one of the two up, and of course Im drawn to the slightly better detail of the super elite version. I noticed a bit more color and detail in the AN fittings up front, and looks like the wing has carbon fiber printing on the super elite version? Any other differences in detail throughout the car?

Long story short, is the launch edition worth the extra 50-100$ (depending on how lucky I am finding a deal on the launch)?

JamesonsViggen

Re: Hot Wheels Elite 458 GT2 vs Super Elite launch edition

Post by JamesonsViggen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 am

I got the Elite GT2 this week for $55 USD shipped. Its in the top 10% in terms of detail out of ALL 30 or so of my Elites. I highly doubt the Super Elite is much better and I would only pay a SMALL premium for the packaging for an Super Elite.

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:34 am

Damn, 55 shipped! For that I'd buy one right now. I have my eye on a couple, but its still around $80 shipped.

Thanks, I kind of agree, if theres minimal extra detail on the car, I'm not too interested. I just dont care about special packaging and a plaque that much (that will sit in a closet).

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm

I don't think the detail difference is worth $50-100, personally. From what I remember, it wasn't all that special & it seemed like most of the price difference was to for the packaging.

The Elite GT2 is fantastic...my only gripe is the wheels/brakes, which I find kind of plastic looking, but that applies to the Elite & SE.

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Agreed, metal rotors and better defined wheels would take it to another level. Maybe a transkit or swapping from another source would rectify that.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm

My main gripe with it is that it has decals, not tampoo. Tampoos is one thing I am more than willing to pay extra for. Mine:

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”