The BBurago Signature Ferrari 458 Speciale is here...

Bburago and Signature related news, headlines and general discussion.
Emil_SWE

The BBurago Signature Ferrari 458 Speciale is here...

Post by Emil_SWE » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:58 am

Just found this on the CK-modelcars website.

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/26440/ ... re/16903r/

Looks like I might have to take back what I wrote about the BBurago Ferraris in another thread. This one looks very good actually. Not sold on the color combo on this particular one though. Hope there will be others. Definitely considering getting one. EUR 60 is really cheap!

Hope they keep improving upon this, then we'll soon have forgotten about Hot Wheels Elite. I'd really like to see them trying to improve on the "crispness" of the models. Maybe work a bit more on the fit of doors and panels and tell the paintshop to hold back on the clearcoat which will help create nicer panel lines and avoiding the "dipped-in-syrup" look. :)

Regards!

Emil

Zondaracer

Re: The BBurago Signature Ferrari 458 Speciale is here...

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 am

Yes for sale on Ebay in other countries as well. I am waiting for the BBurago importer in Holland to get stock because they sell online and don't charge shipping costs over 50 euro. Can't wait.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:18 am

Emil I moved the topic to the appropriate forum.

Yes I do agree the model looks very good, a total 180 from their entry level platform. I think its a good idea they released the Speciale in a different variant from Hot Wheels Elite, could prove to provide more sales. Hopefully I'll have a Signature model to review soon :)

Emil_SWE

Post by Emil_SWE » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:54 am

Ah, sorry! Should have known about the correct forum.

Agreed, smart move not to do the exact same livery as Hot Wheels Elite. I'm hoping for the release of a TDF blue one though. Preferably with gunmetal wheels. My ultimate spec. of this car. :)

I just ordered the BBurago Signature California T in white a couple of minutes ago, really looking forward to recieving it and checking it out in person.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:26 pm

ooo that does look good in blue

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 pm

StratosWRC wrote:ooo that does look good in blue
X2

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 pm

I just ordered the BBurago Signature California T in white a couple of minutes ago, really looking forward to recieving it and checking it out in person.
Love to see some photos and your feedback :okay:

Emil_SWE

Post by Emil_SWE » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Sure thing! :) :okay:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:23 am

The stance on the BB looks way better than the Hot Wheels Elite (can't actually believe I just typed that :scratchhead: ).

I haven't bought a Speciale yet, but definitely want one. I love the stripe color & wheels on the Hot Wheels Elite...hoping that Bburago does more versions, as this one isn't my favorite.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 am

The postman just walked in and delivered my Bburago 458 Speciale Signature. Unboxed and I can only say wow what a model. The pics don't do it justice. I took a few quick snapshots with my cheap camera in my coffee shop, but will make better photo's tomorrow. I took it outside to get a better shot of the color. It's more darkred than the standard Ferrari red. But what a car, the stitching is unbelievable, the engine looks amazing. Bburago you did it! Real photoetched mesh would be nice but the etched plastic doesn't look too bad. You won't be disappointed by this beauty, mourning about the Hot Wheels Elite loss is no longer necessary!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:11 am

Wow that's nice to hear! Photos do look great! Any chance you can provide a complete review? Basically you can follow the format we use here - exterior and interior images, the more the better! TIA!

On the front hood are the opening perforated or solid? Also rear hatch are the side cooling perforated metal or incorporated into the hatch as simulated plastic?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Wow that's nice to hear! Photos do look great! Any chance you can provide a complete review? Basically you can follow the format we use here - exterior and interior images, the more the better! TIA!

On the front hood are the opening perforated or solid? Also rear hatch are the side cooling perforated metal or incorporated into the hatch as simulated plastic?
Yes will do so tomorrow. Maybe do a vid as well. The mesh is not photoetched but simulated plastic. Other minus compard to Hot Wheels Elite is the sticker immitating the side indicator light. But plus is certainly the detailed interior and also brakes are very well executed. It doesn't need much modding to make this car truly special. A bit of paintwork, carbon decaling, seat belts, side windows, the said indicator repeaters and perhaps the tyres need to be sanded down a bit. I'll check the stance as well etc.
I'll go through the minnusses and plusses of this model in my review, but for the moment it's the best thing Bburago has produced to date. Can't wait for the 488GTB (saw it on a presale announcement).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 am

Nice, can't wait to see and read the review. Yes a video would be cool, thank you!!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:10 am

Great to see/hear that its nicely done. The outside pics make the shade of red look outstanding & the overall look is much better than I initially thought. Looking forward to the review!

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:59 pm

A few of the details I just shot. Better pics and official unboxing tomorrow.
Headlight reasonably looking
3rd taillight is rubbish, just a few black dots:

Engine is very detailed, multiple layers with visible camshaft covers and plug leads. Also lots of stickers and very nice looking carbon fibre. Cooling slots are open (but not the mesh besides the window).

Interior is amazing, stitching, flocked parts (or looks like it), plastic parts in carbon again the best I have seen. Not as good as decaling but close.

And to my surprise the chin vanes are open. This is a first on Speciale models.:

Wheels and brakes are nicely detailed with quality paintwork and decals. Discs rotate with wheel, calipers stationary.
Tyre valves seem to be missing.

Return to “Bburago | Signature”