Bburago Signature Ferrari 488 GTB

Bburago and Signature related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

Bburago Signature Ferrari 488 GTB

Post by Gavin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:18 pm

My first Bburago purchase in 15 years, I believe. I was a little underwhelmed when it was announced that Maisto got the Ferrari license as I was REALLY happy with my Hot Wheels Elite models, especially once they really started cranking out great models.

I was really impressed when I opened the box (which itself is very nice & sturdy) & saw the color. Its a nice deep dark red with no hint of orange. I really liked the black top & though I generally dislike black rims, they look ok here with the roof. Nicely detailed brakes/calipers, interior & engine. For $50 shipped, I'm thrilled...especially as I paid $82 shipped for Hot Wheels Elite's 458 Spider. I have 4 criticisms, though none would stop me from buying the model. It displays beautifully.

1. The mirrors are plastic & a bit flimsy.
2. The door handles are also plastic. Hard to see in pics, they don't look great in person.
3. The doors themselves have a VERY narrow opening, making it really hard to see inside.
4. Solid grills...not a huge issue, as many much more expensive models are going this route as well & Hot Wheels Elite did the same for their 458.

with Hot Wheels Elite's 458 Spider. I always thought Hot Wheels Elite's 458 wheels were too big. I think that even more since the 458 Speciale & now the 488 GTB. The 488 just looks right & has a nice stance...the 458 has too much wheel gap in front.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Bburago Signature Ferrari 488 GTB

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Not bad at all! Those viper fangs look horrible on the front! I would gladly pay $100 if they can get the inside and out to the levels of Hot Wheels Elite.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Nice! Happy to see this starting to become more available.

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:49 pm

The painting of the two tone on the seats of the Sig looked a little half-assed, luckily the gray one has solid color.

Here is my pic again:

I paid $50 shipped for each car, both good buys. The Elite retails for more and in places it's worth it. But with Sig's having buy it nows as low as $44(Cali T), I think it's a decent Elite replacement.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks guys.

Hopefully BB will continue to improve, like Hot Wheels Elite did. The 488 is a great starting point for me.

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Just got my Silvery gray one yesterday and have looked it over pretty good but your detail pics really show off the console and steering wheel effort. For fifty bucks I am thrilled, if the Ford GT and Chiron models are this good then I will easily say screw Autoart and save myself the three year wait, plus about $300! Yikes! Ironically when I bought this model a week ago Gavin, I asked myself the same question. The last Bbuargo I got was the Murci which was a gift from my then girlfriend, who is now my Wife! LOL!! The last Bb i bought was the C5 vette in like 1997! HA! Full circle collecting I love it!!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Ford GT and Chiron models
Neither is developed on the Signature Series if I'm not mistaken

Also what is the standard colour of the calipers for the Signature Grey? TIA!

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Way to hard to decide between grey vs red/black wheels, so I bought both. I havent bought or even considered buying a bburago in decades, so getting two models for $100 is a real treat!

Im so sick and tired of spending 200-400 on every damn new model I get. Even though there are so many AAs I want, I'm so over these prices.

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:18 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:

I really hope its yellow, cause thats what I saw when I bought the grey! Another nice difference between the red/black wheels/red calipers.

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:26 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:

Yellow.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks!

Got to figure out how to use the red calipers and install the silver wheels, hopefully its not too challenging!

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Those viper fangs look horrible on the front!

No they don't, they look fine. you realize this model costs $50 too right, other than Maistos, Yatmings and Welly's there is nothing cheaper in the game right now. This model is an incredible piece of work for a price that begs challengers to try harder. I have AA models that cost double the price and are not double the model.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 am

Josh wrote:Just got my Silvery gray one yesterday and have looked it over pretty good but your detail pics really show off the console and steering wheel effort. For fifty bucks I am thrilled, if the Ford GT and Chiron models are this good then I will easily say screw Autoart and save myself the three year wait, plus about $300! Yikes! Ironically when I bought this model a week ago Gavin, I asked myself the same question. The last Bbuargo I got was the Murci which was a gift from my then girlfriend, who is now my Wife! LOL!! The last Bb i bought was the C5 vette in like 1997! HA! Full circle collecting I love it!!
Full circle is right. I credit Bburago's Jag SS100 with getting me started in 1983...though it wasn't my first 1:18, it is what got me hooked. My last Bburago was their black Porsche 996, I believe.

I'm all for nicely detailed models, but the prices have pushed me out. I'm just not comfortable with prices on most newer models. Like you, I'm thrilled with this model & hope its just the start.

Mikey MKIV wrote:Way to hard to decide between grey vs red/black wheels, so I bought both. I havent bought or even considered buying a bburago in decades, so getting two models for $100 is a real treat!

Im so sick and tired of spending 200-400 on every damn new model I get. Even though there are so many AAs I want, I'm so over these prices.
they both look great. I love the grey with silver wheels, but also like my mini-themes within my collection....so red won out.

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Thanks!

Got to figure out how to use the red calipers and install the silver wheels, hopefully its not too challenging!
I'd like to just paint mine...I'm not going to buy a 2nd model just for the wheels.

Return to “Bburago | Signature”