Ottomobile BMW E28 M5

OttOmobile related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

Ottomobile BMW E28 M5

Post by Gavin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:18 pm

AA produced 4 different E28 models in 2007, the '85 M535i (black or white) & the '87 M5 (red or grey)...none of these matched the '88 E28 M5 that we got in the US...black on tan with the 16 inch cross spoke wheels. That was part of the reason I never bought one, though I kicked myself later, as used values for these models skyrocketed. :wall:

OttOmobile to the rescue (again!) :worthy: . I saw the announcement sometime in the fall & knew I had to grab one quickly after the January release. I checked Modelissimo, CK & Otto's own site pretty much everyday starting Jan 1 & then once they hit, I checked my source, American Excellence. They finally hit & I pulled the trigger immediately...glad I did, as AE sold out in just over a week. Another quick & trouble free transaction. :rockon:

The model is very well done. No QC issues on mine, though the corner of the M5 badge on the grill is peeling...though I can only see it in pics. The color is a great Diamond Black Metallic used on Euro market cars & features the much slimmer bumpers. US cars were Schwartz Black (non-metallic) & had the HUGE 5mph impact bumpers. Inside is the classic Natural Tan.

M5 family pics coming sometime later...my storage room for my non-displayed cars is still a complete disaster after we finished the basement & 3 of the M5s are buried. :shame:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Ottomobile BMW E28 M5

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Nice addition! I'm waiting to see if they produce other colours, may add one at a future date.

Damn, I missed the AUTOart version, which I prefer to have, BUT I'm not spending the :money: :money: it commands today...

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Very nice! Great alternative to the bonkers priced AAs..

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Kwando wrote:Very nice! Great alternative to the bonkers priced AAs..
You can say that again! :woot:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks gents!

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 pm

I am too late and refuse to pay the prices for the Autoart. This is one of the rare times where its resin to the rescue.

Return to “OttOmobile”