UT McLaren F1 GTR Road Car (Long Tail)

UT Models related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

UT McLaren F1 GTR Road Car (Long Tail)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:39 pm

A recent trade with a DS member brought the UT McLaren F1 GTR Road Car. I gave up my Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI #7 Alfa Corse and $30 cash. I think it was a fair trade. Unfortunately upon inspection the base had two cracks and the rear decals were in the wrong spot - GTR and McLaren logos (see images). The car was noted as dusty, but otherwise perfect. Hopefully the member will do the right thing... I guess I'll still be on the hunt for a near mint model, send me a PM if you're interested in purchasing the model.

I just spent the last three hours stripping the car down and cleaning her up, almost as good as new. I don't strip down models quite often but I can tell you this was a breeze, there is actually very little to this model - I was quite surprised. It really makes me wonder why this model is so sot after by collectors. Must be the McLaren badge, the history or lack of choice? I tell ya, we collectors must be nuts. Enjoy the pics!

Kwando

Re: UT McLaren F1 GTR Road Car (Long Tail)

Post by Kwando » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Cool! For some reason I thought you already had this model. My problem with it is that it sits way too high for my liking.

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 am

I had one of these, years ago, and then discovered that the 1:1 never existed (I think the road versions didn't have the rear wing), so sold it, plus there really isn't a raced version that you could re-decal correctly.

Too bad yours is defective, but remember these things are getting close to 20 years old.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:54 am

Love the looks of these F1 LongTails...I have 2 of the racing versions. I do agree with Dennis, though...the front sits way too high.

Return to “UT Models”