Fake BBR?

BBR and related sister brands news, headlines and general discussion.
Kurt

Fake BBR?

Post by Kurt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 am

I bought a BBR Ferrari fxx k 1/18 in model mania Australia. It was the Abu Dhabi 2014 car number#10. It says there that it is limited to 400 models and mine is 379/400 but when I tried to search this on the internet i could not find any model that is same as mine. Mine comes with the black base by the way. So i contacted BBR this is our conversation "Hi I bought a Ferrari fxx k which comes with a black base and a display case, it is limited to 400 models mine is 379/400. But when I try to search my model on the internet I cannot find a model that is same as mine, all I could find is a Ferrari fxx k that is limited to 150 models or a fxx k that is limited to 400 models but it comes with a red base. Did I buy a fake BBR? I will forward your email to BBR factory. This is only the BBRSTORE, not production I am not able to hel ou sorry Barbara. Did the factory reply?

HELLO, It was made a version in red base limited 400 pieces. No black. So, who sold you the model? A shop? Or Ebay? Barbara

Model mania is where I bought it. It is located in mezzanine level, 94 Elizabeth street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia, they are actually selling a lot of BBR models. I bought my diecast car for 795$!! And it is fake is there any thing you can do about this I am now back at my country it would be impossible to get a refund to model mania what should I do?" And I sent them a few pics of the other BBR that they sell. I am still waiting for their reply because they take a long time to reply do you guys think that they would change my model to a original one? It made me really sad because my dad paid a lot for it and it is my first BBR.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Fake BBR?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 am

Hello and welcome. A few questions. Can we see photos of the suspected fake? How does it look? Also can BBR verify that Model Mania is an authorized retailer of their brand?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am

When I google I find a car with a black base in a red box (the 150 pcs run):
https://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/6152 ... -tristrato

Maybe used as a demo model and put on the wrong base after being sold? Does the bottom of the model show a S/N or is it just on a plaquette on the base?
Are there visual differences between the 150 en 400 pieces run?

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 am

Someone from bbr recently emailed me this is what he told me " hello,
I have received this complain email from the Store dedicated to private collector.
So, why you say that the models sold to you by Modelmania is a fake?
Which is the item code on the box ? Can you send us some photos?
We cannot understand. Best regards Fernando Reali B.B.R Exclusive Car Models S.R.L
I am confused their staff was the one who told me that it is fake and this guy is asking me why I am saying that it is fake. By the way how do you post pictures here I don't know how to post the picture of the car. ( sorry for the bad english)

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Read this on the photo posting piece:

http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/vi ... =21&t=3068

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm

This is my bbr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/149570233@N06/? can you guys see if you can find a bbr ferrari fxx k that has the sane black base as mine and that is also limited to 400 models because I really could not find one.

Imageimage by kurtlo1, on Flickr

Imageimage by kurtlo1, on Flickr

juju396

Post by juju396 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:23 am

Hey there,

I concur with Zondaracer. When I googled the serial tag "Bbr p18104v" as seen on the box in your pic, all I can find are Fxxk models with red bases (which are limited to 400 units). I have a feeling that the seller might have swapped the outer boxes & possibly the base / silver plaque ... maybe the original red base got damaged and the seller simply replaced with a black base? you should have gotten the box with serial# bbr p18104-1.

http://www.carmodel.com/bbr-models/p181 ... 2014/87695

On the bright side, I do think that's a genuine bbr; it's pretty hard to fake if the paint looks flawless / no glue marks / quality should be up there compared to a lower tier resin manufacturer like GT spirit, etc.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:02 am

Looks like a genuine BBR, indeed probably an error with boxing the model. This is one of the 150 series model, but they put the wrong box over it. Stupid. What does the plaquette on the base say?

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:03 am

Agree this one is genuine. You just got a different base probably straight from BBR. no worries

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:08 am

Zondaracer the base says 379/400.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:32 am

Kurt wrote:Zondaracer the base says 379/400.
So it's a mistake by BBR probably. I googled for differences in the car itself between the 150 and 400 series, but couldn't find anything. I guess BBR ran out of the red bases and used black bases to be able to finish the 400 series.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Mon May 01, 2017 3:06 am

Thanks for the reply guys appreciate it. I would probably never buy another bbr I hate their customer service, it takes them 3days to reply to your email and the fact that they would make a mistake like that and charge you for a lot of :money: I am just really disappointed. :cry:

Return to “BBR | Bluemoon 18 | CONCEPT 18”