Exoto Manufacturing Fault

Exoto and Motrbox related news, headlines and general discussion.
cornwalldiecast

Exoto Manufacturing Fault

Post by cornwalldiecast » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:45 am

Hello....

I am a new member living in Cornwall, England. I only have a small diecast collection but am intending to increase. I have a problem with one of my early purchases.
5 or 6 years ago I was bought an Exoto Porsche 917/30 as a present. It remained in the box for a long time because it was bought in advance of my birthday and then we were moving house. When I eventually unpacked it I found the bottom part of the number 6 and the Audi sponsorship logo on the chrome were both missing, both sides! I tried to contact Exoto but apparently I was too late to get a replacement or any help from them.
It has been on display in my cabinet anyway but just recently, because I'm working on my collection, it's beginning to really annoy me.
Is there any way I can get the parts/decals to bring this model up to the proper spec? Can anyone out there help?

Regards
Steve

StratosWRC

Re: Exoto Manufacturing Fault

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 am

Definitely not a new thing from Exoto, but it's a shame because that's a really sought after model.

You could try ebay for replacement decals, or you could try to google decals for that specific car. When all else fails, you could contact someone who makes custom decals. There are a couple:

http://www.pattosplace.com/
http://ffsmc-productions.com/fr/

Hope this helps.

Zondaracer

Re: Exoto Manufacturing Fault

Post by Zondaracer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Are we talking about this one?

Making your own decals is a lot of work but it is possible. These are quite simple. There are a number of good tutorials on the web. If someone has to make decals for you, the manhours will probably exceed the value of the model.
The metal part can easily be made by covering the part with bare metal foil.

Return to “Exoto | Motorbox”