1:18 TSM 2003 Bentley Speed 8 #7

TrueScale Miniatures, Collection d’Elegance, and TopSpeed related news, headlines and general discussion.
J3z

1:18 TSM 2003 Bentley Speed 8 #7

Post by J3z » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi!

I recently purchased a TSM Bentley Le Mans winner from eBay. A model I’ve been long, LONG after and finally made the difficult decision between TSM and Autoart.

It’s a fantastic model! The detail is incredible, but it’s very fragile. The rear wing endplate and wing mirror came off in transit - annoying, but fixable. The big annoyance is that it looks to be held to the base by wood screws that are too big and far from original. Not good for my OCD. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for what screws I’d be after... or better yet, legit replacements? I contacted TSM, but their customer service is as helpful as a chocolate teapot and apparently can’t/won’t help me. 0/10 for effort.

Another thing is that half of the polystyrene packaging has snapped and has been lost. Fixing this would also help my OCD, but isn’t as big of a worry as the damaging screws.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Jez

[KRAFTIG]

Re: 1:18 TSM 2003 Bentley Speed 8 #7

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:09 pm

First off, welcome to DS. Sory to hear the model did not arrive in one piece! I'm assuming it's a resin model, the above? When you say screws you are referring to those at mate the model to the base? What makes you say they are too long?

Also, I don't think there is much you can do to repair the styrofoam shell other than finding a replacement.
I contacted TSM, but their customer service is as helpful as a chocolate teapot and apparently can’t/won’t help me. 0/10 for effort.
LOL, that is hilarious your description of their C/S :D But also sad at the same time that they don't offer any assistance. :doh:

J3z

Post by J3z » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:39 am

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, that's the bad boy. It's my first resin model, so I might be wrong, but the brass screws look like they're from a DIY shop. Also, as it's second hand, it gives me doubts.

The screws that connect the model to its white base/stand seem to be pushing it away so it doesn't sit on the base. I don't want to try and screw them in anymore as there seems to be some resistance and I'd rather not have something snap on me.

I was thinking maybe if someone has a TSM Speed 8 #7, they'd be kind enough to show how theirs is connected to the base? I know it's mundane and a bit of a pain, but it'd be a great help.

Thanks!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 am

No, that is typical, they are wood screw type to grab and hold model in place. There should be rubber spacers to provide cushion too.

Return to “TrueScale Miniatures | Collection d’Elegance | TopSpeed”