Pagani Huayra 1/18 by GT Autos

Welly | FX | GTautos | NEX related news, headlines and general discussion.
aBelga

Pagani Huayra 1/18 by GT Autos

Post by aBelga » Fri May 01, 2020 4:19 am

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a Pagani Huayra 1/18 from GT Autos, in the Pearlescent White color with gold rims.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you my opinion about the car, however please know that this is only my second ever diecast purchase, therefore I might be wrong in every aspect :doh:

I found one with Oxforddiecast in the UK for £60 with delivery, which was a steal as I heard these cars have good details and look pleasing overall. Oxforddiecast cancelled my order after 14 days (I had to chase them 3 times, they didn't even send me an e-mail) saying that they will not receive any more stock of the item. Got the refund, okay, ordered if from eBay for £95.99, which was a whole lot more, but I said no, I really want this, whatever it costs ( :wall: ). I received the item, it was full of imperfections, a big gluestain on the dashboard, imperfect paintjob everywhere, a awful looking side mirror :oops: . Because the box was full of dents, I knew it wasn't a brand new, therefore I thought I'll ask for a refund, and try and find a brand new. This is where I should have stopped. I found another one on eBay, brand new for a whopping £130 (I know... I know... That is AUTOArt territory..) and ordered it. Got it yesterday, and it looks amazing. Without knowing what I have paid for it, it would look at a lot better in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, but if I had the knowledge now, I wouldn't have ordered it again for this much.. Enough of me, let's see some pictures.

Please note that I do not have a proper setup to take pictures of diecast cars, I only took these pictures with my phone.

Looking at the front of the car, the details well-executed and overall it is a clean look. Perhaps the flaps could open a bit more, however that is only a minor complaint.

Looking at it from the top down, I have to tell you that is really is aesthetically pleasing. Look at those gullwing doors, the rear flaps, the engine cover..

The back of it also well-executed, however I think the 'Pagani' sticker is really cheap-looking. Because I have not been collecting for long, I do not know about all the techniques available to 'write' letters, however they should have gone with something better. My £50 Norev Mercedes-AMG GT R has better quality writing, but this comparisons is perhaps unfair as that model is from 2017, where the Pagani is 2012.

The interior of the car is just amazing in my opinion. Everything is crystal clear, no stains of any kind, it really is pleasing to look at.

At the end, I'd like to share 3 major issues with you, both of them about the 'carbon fibre' layer applied to the car.

One is the wing mirror. I think this is just lazyness of poor QC.

The second one is a lot uglier, however the luggage compartment is hidden so it isn't too disturbing.

The last problem that I didn't take pictures of is the flimzy engine cover. Oh my oh my I fear for my life every time I try to open it as it is soooooooo flimzy. I fear I will crush it if I use even the slightest amount of force.

Overall, I am happy with the model, but again, part of me thinks I should not have bought it for £130.. I guess we will never know now.

P.S.: Please don't tell my girlfriend I regret the purchase :rotfl:
Also, if this doesn't belong here, feel free to move it to another section of the forum, like Model Reviews. :)

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Pagani Huayra 1/18 by GT Autos

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri May 01, 2020 11:04 am

I'm glad it worked out in the end! It definitely cost your a little more in $$, time and swear words LOL :D

This model is surprisingly good. It seems the price has gone north since its inital debut. I highly recommend you find an online or brick and mortar retailer you can trust, and service after the sale is paramount! Especially in this hobby. And may I extend an invitation to use our site sponsors, find them in the link above.

aBelga

Post by aBelga » Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot. :okay:

One question that I have to ask is, do you guys think it would be worth displaying the car with the doors up? Can the mechanism become 'fatigued' over a long time and not work properly after that?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri May 01, 2020 3:27 pm

aBelga wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 pm

One question that I have to ask is, do you guys think it would be worth displaying the car with the doors up? Can the mechanism become 'fatigued' over a long time and not work properly after that?
My personal beliefs, yes, it will fatigue the related hardware over time. I do not display my models for extended periods of time with any of the physical moving parts in the open position. I also, try and elevate the wheels/suspension of the appliable surface too.

aBelga

Post by aBelga » Fri May 01, 2020 4:33 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:27 pm
aBelga wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 pm

My personal beliefs, yes, it will fatigue the related hardware over time. I do not display my models for extended periods of time with any of the physical moving parts in the open position. I also, try and elevate the wheels/suspension of the appliable surface too.
Oh okay, thanks. As you know I am a newbie collector and am just 'trying my feathers'. I am extremely happy with my Norev AMG GT R as that comes with a see-through collectors box by default, but I will have to buy a display case for this beauty, otherwise it will sit in the box :oops:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri May 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Norev is a great brand. Lot's of value with them. That model in particular is a very good one!

Return to “Welly | FX | GTautos | NEX”