Welly NEX Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Welly | FX | GTautos | NEX related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

Welly NEX Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Post by Gavin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:34 pm

I'd been looking to get one of the FX versions, but as far as I could see, a carpeted interior was the only difference and the color options didn't appeal to me. I ended up finding this NEX version for $40 shipped off Ebay. I was torn between Yellow (Giallo Orion) & Orange (Arancio Atlas)...and initially choose Yellow. When it arrived, neither the trunk not engine cover would close all the way. I contacted the seller & he said he'd have to order another...I told him Orange would do as well, so he sent it out & told me to keep the Yellow. Having both now, I do prefer the Orange & it is something different in my Lambo V12 collection, since I already have the Countach LP400 in Yellow.

Nicely done model for the price & the best budget version of the Aventador. Really like the color matched interiors...brightens up the interior a lot.

in Yellow...

with its predecessors (Countach LP5000S by Kyosho, Diablo SV & Murcielago by AA)

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Welly NEX Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:16 pm

LOL I like them both, very good detail for the money.

This is what grinds my gears the most, if Welly can excel at this price point, why are we paying so much for the AUTOart? Yes the AUTOart is good and excels beyond the Welly, but 4-5 times as much! :scratchhead:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:36 pm

That was pretty much what I was struggling with. I wanted the AA, specifically the Roadster (either of the available colors worked)...but there are very few cars I'd spend $200 on.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:50 am

With models is very similar. Because that little difference in the hinges for example is minuscule by itself, but its addition slows down assembly by 400% (just throwing a number out there) And that would make quite a difference. Because let's not forget that AUTOart actually does not own a factory. They sort of "rent" it. Norev on the other hand owns a factory and "rents" it to other manufacturers. So things are not quite as simple as they seem to most people.
Sorry I deal with manufacturing via China, and cost out based on requirements and or needs. We own none of the assembly and manufacturing plants, and ensure their compliance is up to "standards". Their pricing based on the execution presented by Welly is out to lunch, their latest stuff proving harder to shallow.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:25 am

To add to the Aa-Welly discussion, the paintwork on that Welly is second to none. But the big let down is the detailing in the cockpit and engine bay. Just badly painted pieces of plastic. With the new Ferrari models Bburago has shown that it's possible to do an amazing engine bay and interior without raising the price. For example that V12 logo should not have been painted, but should have been a sticker. Welly should learn from Bburago and improve on this. And it wouldn't make the model much more expensive.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 am

The math sounds wonderful in all but in reality it doesn't work like it. The long and short the the numbers are negotiated well in advance, the raw materials and what not are positioned and weighted before hand.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:16 am

Zondaracer wrote:To add to the Aa-Welly discussion, the paintwork on that Welly is second to none. But the big let down is the detailing in the cockpit and engine bay. Just badly painted pieces of plastic. With the new Ferrari models Bburago has shown that it's possible to do an amazing engine bay and interior without raising the price. For example that V12 logo should not have been painted, but should have been a sticker. Welly should learn from Bburago and improve on this. And it wouldn't make the model much more expensive.
We could nit-pick every inch, the question is to get the Welly to AUTOart's standard/level (some will questions their latest pieces) it would bring the model to the suggested retail of the day. Maybe I'm wrong, but my gut feeling are usually right.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:08 pm

I am willing to bet that 95% of the decision makers in that company couldn't care less about models of any kind.
I couldn't agree more!

Return to “Welly | FX | GTautos | NEX”