Spark Porsche 911 GT1, Le Mans 1998 Winner

Spark related news, headlines and general discussion.
Stu935

Spark Porsche 911 GT1, Le Mans 1998 Winner

Post by Stu935 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:48 am

I finally got around to picking up Spark's 911 GT1, so thought i'd take a few photos. One of my favourite racers of the late 90s, this and the Toyota TS020.

thanks for looking

StratosWRC

Re: Porsche 911 GT1, Le Mans 1998 Winner

Post by StratosWRC » Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Still waiting for autoart to make it with opening parts. The other GT1 is gonna be made probably late this year, so I have hope that they'll eventually get to this.

David

Post by David » Sat May 10, 2014 1:59 pm

I too love this GT1 but sorry Stu, this one is a true disappointment to say the least. I expected so much more from Spark.

This is not even an improvement over the Maisto, a lot of things are poorly executed/rushed here: oversized wheels then shitty headlights and tail lights. Yeah, look at these thin tail lights, Spark created the 991 GT1. World premiere guys! Nitpicking? Perhaps...but they ruined it because the details that make this GT1 so special are OFF.

I was angry and I'm still is. But I wrote down that message with the benefit of hindsight. I almost bought one to fix their mistakes. Like removing the ugly tail lights à la butcher and put the Maisto ones instead (yeah, they are accurate). Just because I love the rear of this car. However, I ask myself: how the hell will I fix the headlights? How? Why bother? In the end, I threw the idea in the trash (where this car belongs????)

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:49 am

David wrote:I too love this GT1 but sorry Stu, this one is a true disappointment to say the least. I expected so much more from Spark.

This is not even an improvement over the Maisto, a lot of things are poorly executed/rushed here: oversized wheels then shitty headlights and tail lights. Yeah, look at these thin tail lights, Spark created the 991 GT1. World premiere guys! Nitpicking? Perhaps...but they ruined it because the details that make this GT1 so special are OFF.

I was angry and I'm still is. But I wrote down that message with the benefit of hindsight. I almost bought one to fix their mistakes. Like removing the ugly tail lights à la butcher and put the Maisto ones instead (yeah, they are accurate). Just because I love the rear of this car. However, I ask myself: how the hell will I fix the headlights? How? Why bother? In the end, I threw the idea in the trash (where this car belongs????)
damn it

I'm annoyed at myself, i usually check out a model before buying but blindly bought this based on past Spark models. Didn't even realise about the rear lights until you pointed it out. The wheels do look larger than those used during the race, at least from the reference photos i have. I'm thinking the wheels are based on the car on display at the Porsche Museum, if i remember rightly they are of similar proportion to the model. No excuses for the rear lights mind. The model displays well, but i think it's going to bug me about the rear lights :cry:

Stu

StratosWRC

Re: Spark Porsche 911 GT1, Le Mans 1998 Winner

Post by StratosWRC » Sun May 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Its okay, just keep it facing forward! Haha

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun May 11, 2014 1:30 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Its okay, just keep it facing forward! Haha
I was just waiting for that comment :lol:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon May 12, 2014 11:11 am

I thought those wheels looked a little large. Too bad about the issues, though it makes me feel better about my Maistos...which I love).

Return to “Spark”