Spark RUF CTR Porsche Yellow Bird

Spark related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

Spark RUF CTR Porsche Yellow Bird

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Praise the Lord! I finally found a Spark RUF CTR Porsche Yellow Bird within continental North America, at a reasonable price too. Thanks to Replicarz and their 4th of July sale I final have, what I may consider my last holy grail in my collection. The Yellow Bird basically disappeared for a period of time. If you found it on eBay it was always in Europe, over priced, and don't bother asking about shipping... Yes models from Spark are sealed and made of resin, I don't care, I love the fact that they produce some great specimens that other manufactures choose to overlook. There is a link to a great video of this beast in action @ Nurburgring that proceeds the photos, watch it! Enjoy the pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZO-xUR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

StratosWRC

Re: Spark RUF CTR Porsche Yellow Bird

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Talked to a guy that had something go loose in the interior TWICE. Eventually he gave up and bought another model instead. Man if someone made this in diecast (or ABS LOL), I'd be all over it

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 pm

I think this was my first resin piece. Took me forever to find one. Spark did two production runs on this one. Yes I would love this one done in diecast, I can't believe it was never done!!!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Yeah seriously, it's like the most famous Porsche

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 am

StratosWRC wrote:Yeah seriously, it's like the most famous Porsche
I honestly think they could sell 3000-4000 with easy. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

would have loved to add one of these to my Porsche collection.

I still remember reading that Road & Track Top Speed article from the '80's.

B00STED

Post by B00STED » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:37 pm

That is absolutely one of my holy grail models :drool: . Nearing 140 1/18 911s and can't seem to find this one for less then $400. Maybe one day... :fingercrossed:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 am

B00STED wrote:That is absolutely one of my holy grail models :drool: . Nearing 140 1/18 911s and can't seem to find this one for less then $400. Maybe one day... :fingercrossed:
This is definitely one rare bird. Good luck to you! Hopefully Spark will do another production run

B00STED

Post by B00STED » Tue May 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Finally got one! I usually do not overpay for models just because of the market conditions but with this one I could't help myself. I've been keeping an eye out for the last year and a half and only 3 have come up for sale on e-bay. Anyone know how many were actually produced?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 19, 2015 5:54 pm

B00STED wrote:Finally got one! I usually do not overpay for models just because of the market conditions but with this one I could't help myself. I've been keeping an eye out for the last year and a half and only 3 have come up for sale on e-bay. Anyone know how many were actually produced?
Congrats!

I don' know the exact number, though I do know two production runs were made. I missed the first and jumped like mad on the second run. I paid $170CND for it, no regrets! Might be my favorite model of all-time :love:

B00STED

Post by B00STED » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
B00STED wrote:Finally got one! I usually do not overpay for models just because of the market conditions but with this one I could't help myself. I've been keeping an eye out for the last year and a half and only 3 have come up for sale on e-bay. Anyone know how many were actually produced?
Congrats!

I don' know the exact number, though I do know two production runs were made. I missed the first and jumped like mad on the second run. I paid $170CND for it, no regrets! Might be my favorite model of all-time :love:
I definitely paid more then that but I had to have it and didn't want to wait another year until another one came around. Can't wait to actually get my hands on it.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 pm

You'll love the model, it is well made by Spark as my photos will show. Hey I understand the WANT, I paid $600 for my last holy grail :doh:

B00STED

Post by B00STED » Wed May 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I didn't bid on one that sold for 250 euro about a month ago and instantly regretted it. Another one came around and I pulled the trigger. Ecstatic with the purchase as long as Spark doesn't reissue another run at the original price.

All I have to find now is a Spark 67' 911 R in street and rally form.

MysteriousRJC

Post by MysteriousRJC » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:55 pm

That’s a sweet yellow. Creates a great contrast

Return to “Spark”