Revell : 1/12 Ferrari 250 GTO

Revell related news, headlines and general discussion.
VermillionRed

Revell : 1/12 Ferrari 250 GTO

Post by VermillionRed » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Hello fellow diecast enthusiasts. I recently came across a car that I wanted to buy a long time ago but never did. I am referring to the 1/12 scale Ferrari 250 GTO by Revell. These were released I believe 20 years ago. Now they appear on that popular auction site at outrageous prices. These Ferraris came in several variations . The road version in red and yellow . Also competition versions like the Mecom team and David Piper. I always thought the exterior and finish of this particular model looked really good. The engine bay and interior of the car are very spartan and these are the reasons i stayed away. Anybody here own these and would like to share their point of view? Lastly , I think the Kyosho version of the Ferrari 250 GTO in 1/18 is likely the best representation in terms of quality and money.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Revell : 1/12 Ferrari 250 GTO

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:08 pm

I didn't even know these existed until your post. Based on what I seen in the photos the exterior side is well done. When I display all else is usually closed. Pricing is reflective of the age and the fact Revell is out the scale model business, well from diecast scale perspective.

VermillionRed

Post by VermillionRed » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:30 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:08 pm
I didn't even know these existed until your post. Based on what I seen in the photos the exterior side is well done. When I display all else is usually closed. Pricing is reflective of the age and the fact Revell is out the scale model business, well from diecast scale perspective.

There is an excellent video on Youtube on the 1/12 Ferrari 250 GTO Revell #47 by michosmotors

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:56 pm

This one?

VermillionRed

Post by VermillionRed » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Yes thats one of them.

superado

Post by superado » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 am

VermillionRed wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 pm
Hello fellow diecast enthusiasts. I recently came across a car that I wanted to buy a long time ago but never did. I am referring to the 1/12 scale Ferrari 250 GTO by Revell. These were released I believe 20 years ago. Now they appear on that popular auction site at outrageous prices. These Ferraris came in several variations . The road version in red and yellow . Also competition versions like the Mecom team and David Piper. I always thought the exterior and finish of this particular model looked really good. The engine bay and interior of the car are very spartan and these are the reasons i stayed away. Anybody here own these and would like to share their point of view? Lastly , I think the Kyosho version of the Ferrari 250 GTO in 1/18 is likely the best representation in terms of quality and money.
Thank you for confirming the two racing teams depicted by this model. I have the original red road car version but wish to convert it to a racing version and based on those two teams, the chassis numbers of those cars are 3987 and 3767. Would you (or anyone else here) know which other GTOs have the features of this particular model (three side cooling vents, built-in rear-spoiler)? Thank you.

Return to “Revell”