CMC Dash Instrument Faces

CMC related news, headlines and general discussion.
Marshall

CMC Dash Instrument Faces

Post by Marshall » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:43 pm

I believe that CMC makes truly beautiful model cars, but I'm almost consistently disappointed by the quality of their instruments. Often poorly printed to the point of being unreadable (Maserati 300S), almost always cut out off center with part of the gauge missing, I have even had the glue dry out and the paper instrument fall off as with the Type 35 Bugatti. The Type 57 Bugatti seems to have perfect instruments, hidden under the inclosed coupe body, difficult to see, just to spite me.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyone understand why?

Every other company, even at much lower price points, has respectable instruments. What gives?

Guleb

Re: CMC Dash Instrument Faces

Post by Guleb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Same here; paper instrument ring also fall off from my 250GT SWB; thankfuly I didn't lost it. I glued it back carefully, so now is as new again.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:07 pm

I only have a few from the brand. I haven't noticed any issues so far. But as a premier brand this would be something that could be corrected or should never be an issue to start with. I'd like to hear CMC's perspective on this topic.

Marshall

Post by Marshall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 am

Guleb, My clock was one of the instruments that fell off my Type 35 Bugatti. I glued it back very carefully. The problem? I glued it back upside-down. Now my Bugatti reads 10:45 instead of 4:25.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 am

Marshall wrote:Guleb, My clock was one of the instruments that fell off my Type 35 Bugatti. I glued it back very carefully. The problem? I glued it back upside-down. Now my Bugatti reads 10:45 instead of 4:25.
Oh my! Why not send them an email, maybe they can send you a replacement?

Marshall

Post by Marshall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Kraftig, I tried for a year to get a replacement. I called four times. I finally gave up. Have you ever telephoned CMC USA? I can live with the wrong time. 10:55. At least I glued it back straight. Most of my CMC instruments are glued a bit crooked, which can sometimes be correct, sometimes being the operative word.

Do you know what kraftig means in German?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Marshall wrote:Kraftig, I tried for a year to get a replacement. I called four times. I finally gave up. Have you ever telephoned CMC USA? I can live with the wrong time. 10:55. At least I glued it back straight. Most of my CMC instruments are glued a bit crooked, which can sometimes be correct, sometimes being the operative word.

Do you know what kraftig means in German?
Go to the Europe source.

Yes I do ;)

Return to “CMC (Classic Model Cars)”