A Prototype Kenner Fast 111s For A 39th Casting?

All remaining brands related news, headlines and general discussion.
EricPeterson

A Prototype Kenner Fast 111s For A 39th Casting?

Post by EricPeterson » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:06 pm

Hi. New here. Kinda of a fanatic collector, however, and I used to sell off estate lots -- the pieces I didn't want to or couldn't afford to keep -- online. In the late '90s I moved an oil millionaire's Matchbox collection on ebay that contained many hundreds of very rare variants. My handle now is what it was then, and anyone who collects vintage Matchboxes might remember those auctions. At least two pieces went to Charlie Mack himself for his museum up northeast.

I've been researching this for weeks and haven't found any satisfactory information. I've written 'bots that scour auction and sale sites constantly using unusual search criteria, like mis-spellings and common errors. The goal is to find things others miss. One of those bots turned up this mystery and I was fortunate -- I think -- to snag it for only a few bucks.

From what I can figure there are 38 known Kenner Fast 111s castings, with production winding down in 1982. This one is not one of the known 38, is copyright marked 1982 Hong Kong, and conveys the copyright owner as CPG Prod Corp -- Kenner's parent company, without a Kenner logo. The plastic driver is poseable, removeable, and bears no marks, and could be a generic figure. It certainly looks like any number of little diecast accessory figures.

There is no indication a license plate sticker was ever affixed.

Unusually for a Fast 111s, it appears to be franchised, although I can't find hardly anything on "Tony Lockwood" that's relevant or in conjunction with "racer" or "racing".

I know it's obscure. Just looking for any information I can.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: A Prototype Kenner Fast 111s For A 39th Casting?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:02 am

Welcome. Sorry, I can't help here.

Return to “Other”