TOP Marques Quality Control?

All remaining brands related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

TOP Marques Quality Control?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:12 am

So, I received two models, my first two models, officially from TOP Marques, the Jaguar XJ 220 and Mosler MT 900. Both have QC issues, the bug is missing Black paint on the rear glass and alignment of the glass is poor. The second is much worse, the centre section of the rim broke free from the outer half. I've never seen this before, and I've been collecting since '92. Also, each model when handled by the base display noises inside like something is loose. I've heard the rumours about TOP Marques and I'm living them now... How does a brand asking top dollar for resin and sealed models not have a better action plan? How have your experiences been with TM? TIA.

EricPeterson

Re: TOP Marques Quality Control?

Post by EricPeterson » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:14 pm

I know this is an old thread. But TM issues such interesting subjects!

I found serious issues in my first copy of the Apollo Arrow Prototype, and then had good luck in both 1/43 and 1/18 until the 1/18 Stratos Zero concept. A correct first color bronze example had many interior parts rattling loose, and unfortunately could not be replaced, as it was sold out. Had to settle for a silver repaint example.

Return to “Other”