Mercedes-Benz Maybach S650 X222 Diamond White - Almost Real

All remaining brands related news, headlines and general discussion.
Florin

Mercedes-Benz Maybach S650 X222 Diamond White - Almost Real

Post by Florin » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:27 pm

I am a big fan of Mercedes. It is the most predominant make in my collection, my hobby classic cars wear the 3 pointed star and I was missing a W222 S-Klasse. Going back to October 2019 and my trip to Germany, I did get to visit the Sindelfingen Mercedes plant and one of the stops of the factory tour was the S-Class assembly hall. They were making anything from SWB S350s to the Maybach versions on the same floor and it so happened that while we were on a bridge overlooking the multiple assembly line rows, a white Maybach was close to completion. That memory made me want a similar car in my collection and when I started getting back into the hobby earlier this year I found out there is a Norev version which I wanted to get. Then I found the 1970 Range Rover from Almost Real (a company I knew nothing about) and the seller also offered the Diamond White S650 Maybach - I could not control myself, especially after reading a few reviews. I honestly think this maker has high standards and can challenge alot of the established diecast brands. I have received the model with zero defects and I think the quality and detail level are at least on par with my older Kyosho/Minichamps Bentley/Rolls Royce. This detail level does not come cheap, but for a model of this caliber the cost is somewhat justified.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Mercedes-Benz Maybach S650 X222 Diamond White - Almost Real

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:17 am

Lovely addition!

Gavin

Re: Mercedes-Benz Maybach S650 X222 Diamond White - Almost Real

Post by Gavin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 am

nicely done model & I like the color combo. I think the W222 S-class is a fantastic looking car & the best representation of MB's current design language.

Return to “Other”