1970 Range Rover Lincoln Green - Almost Real

All remaining brands related news, headlines and general discussion.
Florin

1970 Range Rover Lincoln Green - Almost Real

Post by Florin » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:36 pm

A few short months ago I had no idea who Almost Real was. A relative new kid on the diecast block, Chinese company fully licensed by the manufacturers. I don't think they are strangers to building diecast models, it looks like they manufacture for Kyosho and others. I have to say I am impressed with the quality, the fit and finish is great, so is the paint application and the details such as hinges and engine are above autoART in my opinion. The 3 door Range was a dear car to me as one of my dad's best friends had one in the early 90s (red colored) and I was impressed by the "enormous" for Eastern Europe 3.5L V8 engine. I chose the Lincoln green color as I think it is a good blend between utilitarian and 70s flavor. I notice no defects, but the doors are very hard to open and everything seems very fragile. They managed to make a rotating prop shaft that moves with the rear wheels. There is also a spare wheel in the styrofoam package, I took it out and put it in the trunk.
I see that they make a classic Defender but I won't get one as I have an Eagle's Race that I consider being decent quality, but make a 3 door W460 G-Class and take my money. That's as far as SUVs go for me. Ok, maybe an LM002 too.

Here are a few pictures of the model:

Yup, almost real...

[KRAFTIG]

Re: 1970 Range Rover Lincoln Green - Almost Real

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:17 am

Almost Real is very good for the hobby, well, at least if you aren't from China. Speed to market can be an issue, but I loved many of the models that crossed my path, and this one is no exception!

Gavin

Re: 1970 Range Rover Lincoln Green - Almost Real

Post by Gavin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:25 am

Great looking model. That green suits it perfectly being from the '70s. That last pic makes it look there's an oil leak underneath...now that's realistic! :rotfl:

Return to “Other”