GMP 2006 Pontiac Impulse Blue GTO, had to send it back...

GMP and ACME related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

GMP 2006 Pontiac Impulse Blue GTO, had to send it back...

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:02 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:1:18 GMP 2006 Pontiac Impulse Blue GTO

Well this one came in on Friday, it was riddled with QC issues as noted below with images. The shop I purchased it from sent the model directly from his supplier, the supplier doesn't want to send me another one, which makes me conclude they knew about the issues prior to shipping as the shop stated "they" inspect all models before they ship". :nt:

Is that the reason GMP isn't around today? I'm sending it back, but damn the overall model is WELL done :wall:

1) Rear plate angle
2) Paint damage front bumper
3) Steering is not centered when wheel are adjusted straight
4) Front logo on slight angle
5) Dash cover plastic a cloudy/white foggy colour

StratosWRC

Re: GMP 2006 Pontiac Impulse Blue GTO, had to send it back..

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Well that sucks. My GMPs came without issues, but they're the high end ones, which is expected. How much was it anyway?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:26 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Well that sucks. My GMPs came without issues, but they're the high end ones, which is expected. How much was it anyway?
$168US shipped. On the plus side I'm getting a complete refund, even my $28.06 to ship the model back

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:35 pm

wow great service. Did you get it from the states then? Paid any import charges?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:43 pm

StratosWRC wrote:wow great service. Did you get it from the states then? Paid any import charges?
Yes, so far so good. No import duties, the key here ONLY use USPS, and stay away from UPS or Fedex! :deal:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Oh excellent. But I hear even with USPS you get charged every now and then. See I wouldn't wanna take that chance on an expensive Exoto model. But then again, if a seller agrees to have the item marked as a gift and set the value low, would that work to get rid of the customs eyes?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:13 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Oh excellent. But I hear even with USPS you get charged every now and then. See I wouldn't wanna take that chance on an expensive Exoto model. But then again, if a seller agrees to have the item marked as a gift and set the value low, would that work to get rid of the customs eyes?
I have only been charged once or twice in the last 6-7 years... Yes you can reduce the value, BUT if something goes missing or is damaged you SOL! Roll the dice I guess :deal:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Sorry to hear that KRAFTIG. Pretty sure mine has at least 2 of those issues...though I paid a hell of lot less than you did ($35 Shipped...bought when they were having a hard time selling them...now they're scarce).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Gavin wrote:Sorry to hear that KRAFTIG. Pretty sure mine has at least 2 of those issues...though I paid a hell of lot less than you did ($35 Shipped...bought when they were having a hard time selling them...now they're scarce).
Oh my $35! You may have mentioned that before. If I paid that much I would have gladly kept her :wall:

Return to “GMP | ACME”