Hello from Louisiana

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
ronstang

Hello from Louisiana

Post by ronstang » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:12 am

Not only new here, but new to diecast as well. At 60 I have a lot to learn about this hobby. Seems like the more articles I read the more confused I get, so I was looking for a place where I can directly ask newbie questions. Hopefully this is the place.

What got me started is my dream car. Since I was in my teens it has been the 1971-'73 mustang. I never got to own one but the love affair has always been there. One day while walking through a local hobby store there it was, a 1971 mustang Mach 1 made by MotorMax in 1:24 scale. I picked it up and headed for the register with, what my wife said, was the biggest stupid grin on my face. :crazy: Hey, I can't have the real thing, but I can have this! 'HOOKED'.
Thanks mostly to ebay I now have almost 30 stangs in 1:24, 1:43, and 1:64. Local store finds seem to be expanding my collection into other muscle cars. (a 1:24 scale 1966 GTO on sale for $5? Hell Yeah) Also found a couple of my second favorite car, the AMC Javelin in 1:64.

I take my cars out of the package and display them in a china cabinet. (We collect other things. Thrift store regulars for years) I have no plans to resale. That will be my kids problem when I'm gone.
I hope to get to know some of you and learn from you!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from Louisiana

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am

Hello sir, welcome to DS!

Return to “New Member Introductions”