Hello from Northern California

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
tfradke

Hello from Northern California

Post by tfradke » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:50 am

Been collecting model cars and slot cars since 1958. First model was a Dinky Toy D Jag. Still have it. However I built my collection up to 6000+ (mainly 1:43 scale) unfortunately all but 563 burned up in the 2018 Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. My collecting themes were Le Mans (nearly every car from 1923 to 2010), Ferrari (production, one offs, sports and F1), concept cars, Lancia, Can Am, the complete histories of Ford GT40, Ferrari F1, Lotus F1, Williams and Minardi plus assorted BMW's and Alfa Romeos. I also had some 1:18 scale cars, pretty much everything Exoto produced plus various Minichamps F1 and Ferrari F1 cars and Corvette. I have decided to try to rebuild a few parts of my collection (Can Am, post WW2 Le Mans winners, Ferrari and Lotus F1 cars, Lancia rally cars and Ferrari "super" cars but only in 1:18 scale. This site seems to be perfect for what I need to learn as I am unfamiliar with many of the 1:18 model producers. Looking forward to reading members comments and seeing photos of their treasures.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from Northern California

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:05 am

Hi, welcome to DS! Sorry to hear a lot of the collection was lost in the fire! Hopefully, you recouped some with insurance. Aren't these parts dealing with much snow or is it in the south?

john46TR6

Re: Hello from Northern California

Post by john46TR6 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:15 pm

Welcome to the group !

Return to “New Member Introductions”