Kia Ora, Expat Kiwi taming the UK here

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
R0aming_kiwi

Kia Ora, Expat Kiwi taming the UK here

Post by R0aming_kiwi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 pm

Hello all,

Thank you all for having me. I am looking forward to getting to know you, while discussing a hobby I for one am very passionate about. Just don't ask my wallet. I collect mainly V8 Supercar models (1:18 with the odd 1:12)

I am currently building a display cabinet. However my brain is being boxed by the shelving itself. I cannot work out what the best gap between shelves is. At the moment I have planned for 12cm but I think that may be too narrow. Has anyone here built a cabinet and faced this predicament before?

Thank you and kind regards

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Kia Ora, Expat Kiwi taming the UK here

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi, welcome to DS!

I have no experience building cabinets from sctrch, however I do have some experince adding more shelves to Ikea Billy cabinets. On average I have 5 inches with the odd one at 3.5".

R0aming_kiwi

Post by R0aming_kiwi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 am

Haha I very nearly purchased Billy cabinets, but changed my mind because wanted to build my own. Turns out to be far more difficult than originally thought. How does that gap look to you? Not too overcrowded? I'm considering a 6inch gap *confused

Thank you for your response :okay:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:56 pm

In my opinion 5" look great / 3.5" will only accommodate sport cars due to height limits. When you factor in the time, money and abilities the Billy's are decent value.

Return to “New Member Introductions”