I want to present my self

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
lhoffstadt

I want to present my self

Post by lhoffstadt » Thu May 09, 2013 10:49 am

Hello all, my name is Luis and Im from Chile.

I actually make some model scale of airplanes and submarines, but I will like to start my collection of Die cast cars. I'm really fan to cars and I wish to had some of them.

Here in Chile is very difficult to find good brands of die cast cars, so I will have to buy everything online.

Besides my presentations, can you please give me some tips to which brand I can buy (more details and best quality) I want to have my collection on scale 1/18

I found this ones online, are they good?

Autoart

BBR

CMC

Exoto

that´s how I find this forum, so before do any shopping, I want to ask the expert before.

Thanks for any info, and cheers to all.

Luis

[KRAFTIG]

Re: I want to present my self

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 09, 2013 11:27 am

Hey Luis welcome to DS! I'd love to see your current collection of airplanes and submarines.

As for die cast and brands, you mentioned some of the best, with that comes opening price point too. See below

AUTOart - Great selection (In my opinion the best selection), very good detail and overall quality. Priced between $125 - $250

BBR - Moved away from die cast now exclusively into resin and limited editions. Priced between $300-$600

CMC - Considered one of the best if not the best die cast brand known today. Limited selection, excellent detail, and fit and finish. Price between $250 - $500 depending on model

Exoto - Another premium brand, considered by some as the best of the best. Some shady practices, which I don't know well. Excellent quality, and fit and finish. Priced between $100 - $1000 depending on age.

Other brands I would look into is Hot Wheels Elite, Welly, Norev, and Kyosho. Some resin brands I would suggest are OttOmobile, GT Spirit, and Spark.

I hope this helps, good luck!

lhoffstadt

Post by lhoffstadt » Thu May 09, 2013 11:39 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Hey Luis welcome to DS! I'd love to see your current collection of airplanes and submarines.

As for die cast and brands, you mentioned some of the best, with that comes opening price point too. See below

AUTOart - Great selection (In my opinion the best selection), very good detail and overall quality. Priced between $125 - $250

BBR - Moved away from die cast now exclusively into resin and limited editions. Priced between $300-$600

CMC - Considered one of the best if not the best die cast brand known today. Limited selection, excellent detail, and fit and finish. Price between $250 - $500 depending on model

Exoto - Another premium brand, considered by some as the best of the best. Some shady practices, which I don't know well. Excellent quality, and fit and finish. Priced between $100 - $1000 depending on age.

Other brands I would look into is Hot Wheels Elite, Welly, Norev, and Kyosho. Some resin brands I would suggest are OttOmobile, GT Spirit, and Spark.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks a lot of your welcome, and this was really the expert information and recommendation that I was looking for to start my collection.
I really appreciated this.

As soon as I received my first die cast model I will upload the photos and also share some of my models from airplanes and subs.

Thanks again Kraftig

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 09, 2013 2:20 pm

No worries, welcome to this great hobby!

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Welcome aboard!

Return to “New Member Introductions”