New Member saying hello

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
1:18Stu76

New Member saying hello

Post by 1:18Stu76 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:42 am

Hi Everyone, My name is Stuart from Oklahoma, I have been collecting diecast for approx. 19 years. I have 69 cars total in my collection with 1:18 making up the majority. although I have some 1:43, 1:64, and (1) 1:24, Lol. The majority are Ferrari, Which as a kid growing up in the 80's and watching shows like Miami Vice, Magnum P.I. Those Ferrari's really got my attention and started my love for them. I have a few Lamborghini's, Porsche's, Mustangs, & Dodge Challengers. My 70th one is on preorder as I write, 1:18 Autoart Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker in Pitch Black...I can't wait! I really enjoy customizing some of my cars, mostly because I see something that is "off" like the ride height or the tire thickness is too big, to name the most of what I notice, mostly on the cheaper cars..Bburago, Maisto & even the KK Scale Ferrari Testarossa I just bought, I will upload pictures of some of them in the future to see what you think. I also have done some dioramas to put my cars in, that's pretty fun too! Anyway, just wanted to say Hello and to share my love of diecast.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: New Member saying hello

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi, welcome to DS!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Welcome!

1:18Stu76

Post by 1:18Stu76 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:19 am

Thanks guys!

jgmm

Post by jgmm » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Pleased to be accepted on this forum. I have been collecting for a number of years now but have begun winding down due to me advanced age.
I still have many 1:18 models both Exoto and CMC mostly CMC. Over time, I have found Exoto produces the best products without a doubt but also without a doubt, has the worst customer service if any. Contact is impossible even though they have a Contact Us box. I'm sure this is not new to everyone but this is my first chance to comment about my experience with them.
Some of the Danbury and FM 1:24 models are very well done too with Danbury having the edge. I have the Danbury '31 (or is it '32) larger scale Cadillac which I will never part with.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:53 pm

jgmm wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:31 pm
Pleased to be accepted on this forum. I have been collecting for a number of years now but have begun winding down due to me advanced age.
I still have many 1:18 models both Exoto and CMC mostly CMC. Over time, I have found Exoto produces the best products without a doubt but also without a doubt, has the worst customer service if any. Contact is impossible even though they have a Contact Us box. I'm sure this is not new to everyone but this is my first chance to comment about my experience with them.
Some of the Danbury and FM 1:24 models are very well done too with Danbury having the edge. I have the Danbury '31 (or is it '32) larger scale Cadillac which I will never part with.
Welcome to DS. Yes, Exoto has main layers, not all positive though :)

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 pm

jgmm wrote:
Contact is impossible even though they have a Contact Us box. I'm sure this is not new to everyone but this is my first chance to comment about my experience with them.
I used to just call them and they answered each time, either Tony or who I presumed was his wife. He used to refer me as the "gentleman from Canada".

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:57 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 pm
jgmm wrote:
Contact is impossible even though they have a Contact Us box. I'm sure this is not new to everyone but this is my first chance to comment about my experience with them.
I used to just call them and they answered each time, either Tony or who I presumed was his wife. He used to refer me as the "gentleman from Canada".
LOL!!!!!!!! :D

Return to “New Member Introductions”