New to the hobby

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
stevenmweiner

New to the hobby

Post by stevenmweiner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:48 pm

I am new to the hobby, having just started collecting 1:18 scale cars late last year. I'm still learning. From those of you with experience, I would like some general advice and tips. For example: What features do you look for to determine quality? What brands do you like, and what brands should I avoid? What brands provide good quality and good value for the money without breaking the bank? Any feedback would be much appreciated -- thanks very much!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: New to the hobby

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi, welcome, please read the forums in detail. The same questions have been answered below. The question you should ask, how much do you want to spend per month? How high is too high?

What makes one brand better than the other is the layers of detail. The best bang for the buck is Norev. Great quality and price point. OttOmobile is awesome too, however, their complete assortment is resin and sealed. Where they win is price and breath of assortment. They truly make some special cars, especially if you're a fan of European content.

stevenmweiner

Re: New to the hobby

Post by stevenmweiner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Thank you very much for this feedback and advice. As a new hobbyist, any information I get is very helpful. I appreciate your quick reply!

Return to “New Member Introductions”