Hello

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
WilkyWoo

Hello

Post by WilkyWoo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:40 pm

Hello, I'm Wilky woo,
I'm a mechanic that has worked on classic racecars mostly f1 and touring cars.
I have osteoarthritis and spine problems so can't do it so much anymore so I've turned to modding/detailing my 1:18 scale collection.
I'm not the biggest fan of autoart models or many high end ones but love modding detailing some more obscure manufacturers eg mira and anson.

I will be adding some pics of some of my models but please don't judge them to harshly.

Anyway any questions just ask, I'm not easily offended.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:51 pm

Hey, welcome to DS! Love to see the collection! Tell some stories from your career as a mechanic. Is it as exciting as would would imagine to work with F1 and Touring cars? The early nineties era of TC was my favourite! That's when I likely started collecting scale models :manual:

WilkyWoo

Post by WilkyWoo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:21 am

Thank you, I have a few stories from working on and around these cars, whether other people find them exciting is another matter.
I'm the same with 90s btcc, I've always lived only a short drive from Thruxton so was always the closest motorsport to me.
I guess one of my favourite moments of my life was nosing at Niki Lauda's bt46 in the corner of a workshop (I was actually working on a tvr). I had my head buried in the cockpit trying to see the pedals. I said out loud "it f-ing stinks in there" thinking nobody herd me when an Austria accent behind me says "I havent driven that for 20 years so that's english arse". Turned round and just the unmistakable red cap and scared back of his head was walking off chuckling to himself. I must of sat there a further 5 minutes with my mouth open.

I actually took one of the tyres that came off it when new were put on.

Anyway once I've figured out how to put pics up I will start sharing my models I'm proud off.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:49 am

That is awesome, a true legend of racing!

Check out the HELP forum on how to post photos. It's quite easy, you just require a hosting site and a link to photos....

BRN9121

Post by BRN9121 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:08 am

Welcome to the family!

Return to “New Member Introductions”