Hello from Quebec city, Canada

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
Cuda Jeff

Hello from Quebec city, Canada

Post by Cuda Jeff » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello everyone, my name's Jeff and I'm from Quebec City ... I'm DS member #36

I started collecting 1/18 scale models, 22 YEARS AGO ...

July 1990, I was 16 years old. I'm a Ferrarista since I'm 3 years old, and so my first diecast was the Bburago '84 Ferrari GTO.

My goal back then was not to have a lot, just one!!!! But my uncle bought a Bburago F40 and bought one for me .... WOW!!! So it got me thinking, since I love Ferraris so much, Hey! I'll get them all!

At the time, there weren't as many models available as it is today. And not many diecast company either. Maisto & Bburago were almost alone in the diecast universe. So my 3rd one was the Maisto 348 TS.

But on Christmas of "diecast collecting : year 1" , my mother gave me a Diablo and a 911 Carrera (both Maisto). Thanks Mom!!! But you screwed up my plan!!! :doh:

So I thought : "Nah! I'll get all the Ferraris and put the Lambo and the Porsche in the middle" ........ and now, we're 22 years later and I got a collection of 448 models (all 1:18) .... so much for the plan! :shame:

But they say that, everything must come to an end ...

Lately, I've decided to sell the 350 models of the 448. Getting rid of almost all my models. I hope to generate a good cashflow so that I would be able to get the dream I have since I'm 3 years old : a real General Lee.

So my diecast "investment" of those 22 years would be transfert into buying a dream of mine of which I will be able to truly enjoy each day of the year ... for many years to come ... and a real collector car is a great investment too.

Well that's it ... thanks for reading!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from Quebec city, Canada

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey Jeff, welcome to DS. A great story to go a long with a huge collection. I can totally understand your decision to sell, I hope your dream of a General Lee comes true!

twenty3

Post by twenty3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 am

Welcome and nice to see you here Jeff!

Cuda Jeff

Post by Cuda Jeff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 am

Thanks guys ... yep, I hope it will come true in a soon future!!

el docum

Post by el docum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Jeff,

Bienvenue !

I hope you will find a nice General Lee, you probably look for a 440 for engine ?

There some GL in the Quebec area, I already see the one of Mr. Quévillon at the Granby international.

It's probably less expensive to buy it already completed.

Cuda Jeff

Post by Cuda Jeff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Of course I would want one with a 440 engine ... and I'll be buying a completed one, not a cheap junkyard that I would have to build completely!

But I got sell my collection first, so I don't expect a General coming soon ... sadly!

GP246

Post by GP246 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Jeff welcome on DS, i think you know me but iM not sure anyway this is not the purpose, if you want a General Lee...a real one be prepare to put a lot of money on this dream, John Schneider as sold one for 450 000 whith a 8.3L 750HP and the car can go up to 265km/h....not bad :okay:

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Welcome! I've narrowed down my collection as well to chase my M3 dream. Good luck!

Cuda Jeff

Post by Cuda Jeff » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 am

WOW ... John's General is a pure BEAUTY!!! ...

Thanks Kwando ... good luck to you too!

Return to “New Member Introductions”