Hello to you all!

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
Guleb

Hello to you all!

Post by Guleb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi there,

I'm another guy from Slovenia and no, despite the fact that there are only 2 million of us in our small country, I don't know Simoncelli13 (yet) :)

I've started collecting 1:18 models just couple of months ago. This was due to economic crisis and recession; I prefer to collect 1:1 cars till now. I was looking for rally version of Lancia Delta Integrale (in Martini livery) but I gave up. The money they would like for 1:1 car was just insane. I end up with Kyosho's version in 1:18 scale instead.

So, I've promised myself to source no more than 5 1/18 scale models in order to fill my Ikea's cabinet, so total 6 dream cars. Wright... After two months with this 1/18 obsession I already have first milestone: I have to pick my tenths car :clap: I already have some Kyoshos, Exoto, MR, AutoArt, Minichamps and two budget models; Norev GT3 RS (limited Blue&Red 997.2) and Hot Wheels Elite 458 GT2 (plain red). The last was an impulse buy, after I saw Kraftig's review and photos :oops:

I will post some pictures later in Member's Gallery but if I have to pick my favourite car, it will be between those two; GTO & Cobra.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello to you all!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Hello Guleb, welcome to DS! Those are great photos of two gems.
I was looking for rally version of Lancia Delta Integrale (in Martini livery) but I gave up. The money they would like for 1:1 car was just insane
I have a passion for 1:1 cars too, but my pocket book doesn't agree. The Lancia is a nice dream car, but inital cost and future runnning costs would be insane! I don't think they were the most reliable car of the time :D

twenty3

Post by twenty3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Welcome Guleb!
Guleb wrote: So, I've promised myself to source no more than 5 1/18 scale models in order to fill my Ikea's cabinet, so total 6 dream cars.
This is exactly what I told myself when I started collecting. I was suppose to focus on 60's supercars ONLY! Look where it got me now... I have Rossi bike collection, modern supercar collection and an F1 collection.

It's a slippery slope my friend but we're here to share the same passion.... cars. 1:1 or scaled versions of it!

I look forward to see more of your collection!

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 am

@Lancia: yes, it would be beautiful garage queen :okay:

Here is another photo of my collection, while I was cleaning the cabinet. AA Aventador is missing; I have him as a motivator on my work desk :rockon:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 am

Very nice indeed. The Exoto Porsche is one of my fav and well executed by them too.

Return to “New Member Introductions”