Newbie from Manchester, UK

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
Big Mac

Newbie from Manchester, UK

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi all.

I am a 'refugee' from the former 'Leigh's Diary' forum, which was started by Grand Prix Legends/ Diecast legends, but which now appears to have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I'm missing the opportunity to discuss new releases and review quality, and so I searched for an alternative and found this.

I'm mainly an F1 collector, (and McLaren supporter, ( :shame: in 2017...), and in diecast terms I began in 1:18 scale, collecting Minichamps models from about 1998 onwards.

I have currently four ongoing collections. There is my original 1:18 World Drivers Championship collection, although that is becoming a little less current than it ought to be; there is my 1:18 McLaren collection, which I'm keeping up despite current embarrassments; there is my 1:43 Lotus collection, which is almost exclusively Spark; and there is my 1:43 McLaren collection, which is a little less Spark biased than my Lotus one, but Spark seem to be hitting the spot more frequently of late.

My first love was aeroplanes, though, and while my model collection is almost exclusively racing cars now, I am being tempted by some 1:200 models depicting the airliners I used to 'spot' back in the 1960s.

I am from Altrincham, Trafford, which is in south Manchester. The two Old Trafford stadia are in my Borough, so Manchester United regularly cause problems when commuting from the city. I only frequent the 'other' (Emirates) Old Trafford for Test Match Cricket, though. I am 61 years old, and I began following F1 in 1976. I'm not so keen on the current formula, though...

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Newbie from Manchester, UK

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello, welcome to DS!

rodolfo

Post by rodolfo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Hola BigMac, I was searching for Leigh´s Forum and no luck.
Where are the pics for your collection?

Post by 458 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi buddy why did they shut down that forum?

Return to “New Member Introductions”