Hello from AZ/CO/Saudi Arabia

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
slisk250

Hello from AZ/CO/Saudi Arabia

Post by slisk250 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am

Hi,

My name is Mike and I've collected 1/18 scale Indy cars for about 15 years. I also have a some1/18 scale sprint cars, dirt champ cars, and midgets. I grew up in Arizona and was spoiled by having Manzanita Speedway as my hometown track. I was able to see many of the great non wing CRA drivers from the late 70's through 2005 when I moved overseas to work in Holland (and later Saudi Arabia). My favorite drivers of all time are the local CRA guys from Arizona including Lealand McSpadden (need to find a builder to make a car for me) and Ron Shuman. Non wing 410 Sprint Car racing is the best racing to watch In my opinion.

I long for the good ol' days when sprint cars were the training grounds for the future Indy stars. The days when some of the small budgets could put together a car and bump day actually meant something. I'm still a huge Indy 500 fan but it will never be the same.

I'll be looking to refine my collection of Indy winners and may need to find a new custom builder to make a few new Indy cars from existing models. Unfortunately, I was ripped off by some guy in Texas who runs/ran 500 Legends who never delivered a Luyendyk custom (400 bucks!!!). I'm glad that Replicarz has plans to produce it. I'll also be looking to maybe sell a few of my cars down to road as space is so limited.

Hope there is some Indy interest on this site.

Cheers,
slisk

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from AZ/CO/Saudi Arabia

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 am

Hello Mike, welcome to DS!

Return to “New Member Introductions”