Hello, new member from Argentina!

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
ChrisK

Hello, new member from Argentina!

Post by ChrisK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello Everyone, I'm Chris from Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina.

I have a small collection of 1/18 and 1/43 cars. I started collecting a few years ago, when I've got a 1/18 VW Golf GTI mk1 from Norev. I bought it during my visit to the 2012 Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris, France. Modelcars were not a new thing to me, since I used to assemble 1/24 plastic kits in the 1990's. When I finished my university studies (I'm an architect), I drop that hobby, and stayed for almost a decade away from miniature cars.But, as they say, "it's in the blood" (I guess!) :rockon:

I started collecting Volkswagen Golfs both in 1/18 an 1/43, mainly because I've always been a fan of the car, and then suddenly realized I've also added some VW T1s and T2s vans bacause I found them cute, and then some Porsche 911s, and 928s. 99% of my cars, are street versions.

The collection grew, I don´t have so much units as most of you have here, perhaps 30 cars in 1/18 and 70 in 1/43. I pay great attention to proportions, details and COLOR! body color really defines my purchases.... I hate black or too dark miniatures, I think great percentage of details go lost in dark tones! But, sometimes there no chance to choose.

Most of my cars were bought during my travels around the world. So I remember everyone of their "origins", coming along with me in my suitcase from the US, France, Germany, Switzerland, etc. They are a nice Souvenir from my trips abroad! I really enjoy finding model-shops around the cities I visit. Internet purchases are great, but entering a real store, and looking around to find "that" model you've been looking for so long is bliss!

I am trying so hard not to loose control of the models I collect... I'm trying to stay always "in Topic" in regards of brands and models! Also, I have no more space at home and the wife is starting to look funny at me because of this hobby. :nt:

So, I'm here to amuse myself watching some other collections, learn a lot, and perhaps find some second hand model I've still looking for! :okay:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello, new member from Argentina!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi, welcome to DS! A fellow Volkswagen collector. I have many myself.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Thank you! I will upload some pics soon.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:59 pm

ChrisK wrote:Thank you! I will upload some pics soon.
Thanks!

Return to “New Member Introductions”