Marcos Ambrose Championship Winning BA Falcon

Classic Carlectables related news, headlines and general discussion.
Oldtimer

Marcos Ambrose Championship Winning BA Falcon

Post by Oldtimer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Just acquired one of my Holy Grail V-8 Supercars (even though I am not necessarily a Ford Fan).

Marcos Ambrose broke into the V-8 Supercar Series in 2001, and finished 8th in the championship; for 2002 he finished 3rd; but in 2003 he dominated the Series driving the #4 Pirtek-sponsored BA Falcon for the Stone Brothers. He repeated in 2004 in a similar mount, yet carried the Champion's #1.

I already had the #1 2004 in my collection.

But the #4 in which he won his first Championship had eluded me, until now!

Enjoy! :beer:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcos Ambrose Championship Winning BA Falcon

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:23 am

Very nice livery. I don't have many CC cars, but I know there quality is very good. How would you rate these?

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:37 am

I will say that the highest "quality" model I have is the BBR BB512 LeMans racer (which is absolutely magnificant), but I also have numerous Exoto's, contemporary AutoArt's, and older UT's/Lane's/GMP's/etc. Being a Nascar fan, I also have numerous later model Action versions (which are the most detailed of the 1/18 scale Nascar stock cars).

To me, the CC V-8 Supercars are among the best detailed models I have in my collection. Not only the livery, but the hose and wiring systems, suspensions, interiors, and chassis are wonderfully executed. I do not have any of the Biante versions of the Supercars, and have only one AutoArt, so limited ability to compare, however I really like them (enough to have over 30 in my collection).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 am

Good to hear. Thankfully they don't produce many models that go with my themes or I'd be in serious trouble financially :)

Return to “Classic Carlectables”