1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

ERTL related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

Post by Gavin » Thu May 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Released as a Precision 100 model (along with a handful of other models) to celebrate 100th anniversary of Ford, these were later released by Ertl Authentics & AutoWorld. Ford produced 100 of these drag racing versions of the Fairlane in 1964. Powered by a 425hp (and likely underrated) 427ci V8, these Thunderbolts brought Ford the 1964 NHRA Super Stock Championship.

I don't collect drag cars, but am a big fan of the Ford brand & always really liked this model. I wouldn't say its a great looking car, but I like the history & the model itself is absolutely loaded with cool details.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 pm

I love it! Some much goodness here :love:

Yeow Yi Fan

Post by Yeow Yi Fan » Fri May 10, 2019 1:25 am

Wow! I almost wrote a review on this Gavin. :rotfl:

I must agree that this is an epic piece in all levels. The attention to detail and the very nice features, some of which we really do not need like the functioning gas cap. This thing is heavy even at a weighed 1,088 grams (~38 ounces).

:D The reason why I did not go about writing this is because I won mine via auction from (probably but definitely) a smoker's environment. Once unboxed, the aroma was unmistakable. The worst was the cigarette smoke severely discolored my white T-Bolt into a pale beige color. Pretty awful at first but after a while it does look a natural hue on this. (Now I know why I was the sole bidder at USD 70... tsk~ tsk~).

The only negative for me is the very cheap looking tires which look very shiny and are threadless.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri May 10, 2019 5:39 am

e I won mine via auction from (probably but definitely) a smoker's environment.
Been there, done that... :nt:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri May 10, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks, KRAFTIG. It is a simply incredible model.
Yeow Yi Fan wrote:The only negative for me is the very cheap looking tires which look very shiny and are threadless.
I do agree on the shiny part, but I believe they're supposed to replicate slicks since its a drag racer...could be wrong, though. All of these P100 models are excellent & absolutely loaded with cool details.

That's too bad about the smoke and like KRAFTIG said, we've all been there. It was offered in other colors, but it had to be the plain white one for me.

Return to “ERTL”