Fast and The Furious ETRL worth?

ERTL related news, headlines and general discussion.
Canadian Wrench Head

Fast and The Furious ETRL worth?

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 am

Hey Everyone.

Recently I have gotten back into Diecast collecting. The last time I was collecting was 2003 and back then I didn't really think that the collecting hobby was as serious as I do now. All I knew back then was ETRL made really nice models.......so you can imagine my shock when I got back into collecting and went on the ERTL web site and discovered that they only make farm equipment die cast lol. I remember their American Muscle line very well.

Anyways, i dug through my closet and pulled out the four in box die cast that I kept from over 10 years ago.
All are ERTL......

FF 1:18 Orange 1993 Toyota Supra
FF 1:18 Green Mitsubishi Eclipse
FF 1:18 Mazda RX-7

and I have the ERTL Smokey and The Bandit Trans Am 1:18......

any idea after 11 years if these are hard to find models? I'm not looking to sell, I'm just curious to know after 11 years if these models have become anything.

Thanks

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Fast and The Furious ETRL worth?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 am

I have no idea on the value, but since the FATF series is still sparking interest after all these years these items may be collectable. I would check recent sales on ebay and gauge what similar items sold for.

Let me know if you don't know how to do the about? Good luck!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:43 pm

As far as I know, the F&F models go for crazy money. There's a huge demand still.

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 pm

thats interesting.......i remember 4 years ago putting them on kijiji foe 50 bucks each just because i had lost interest and i didn't get a single bite. so i just kept them.........glad i still have them now

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:41 pm

while we are on the topic, what the hell happened to ETRL?? i read a comment from someone not long ago that they started pricing their models too high. This comment has comparing Auto Art to ETRL.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Canadian Wrench Head wrote:while we are on the topic, what the hell happened to ETRL?? i read a comment from someone not long ago that they started pricing their models too high. This comment has comparing Auto Art to ETRL.
I can't comment on their history past or present, there was never a need to add something from their assortment. Sorry

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:34 pm

StratosWRC wrote:As far as I know, the F&F models go for crazy money. There's a huge demand still.
I've never paid much attention, as the cars have zero appeal for me, but Wes is right...some of these F&F models bring big bucks.

Many of the old Ertl molds are being leased to AutoWorld...which has added quite a bit of detail & done different colors/versions.

I have a handful of the old American Muscle cars & they look good on the shelf, but are sorely lacking in detail...they are seriously robust, though. The Authentic Level cars (both under Ertl & AW) are loaded with details and are generally Highway61 good (some are GMP good).

Return to “ERTL”