[2012 - 20XX] Jadi News

Jadi related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

[2012 - 20XX] Jadi News

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Kwando

Re: 2013 Jadi News

Post by Kwando » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Those BMW colours are sad and boring. Are Paragon/Jadi the same company? Or owned by the same parent company.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Kwando wrote:Those BMW colours are sad and boring. Are Paragon/Jadi the same company? Or owned by the same parent company.
Agreed, noting really exciting at all. Based on what Paragon released BMW wise to date they can't hold a candle to efforts from Kyosho.

From what I gather Paragon is consider higher quality brand from the parent company Jadi. They caught my attention but not my pocket book yet... :money: :money:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Kwando wrote:From what I gather Paragon is consider higher quality brand from the parent company Jadi. They caught my attention but not my pocket book yet... :money: :money:
The models would be a lot more appealing at old Jadi prices than Paragon's.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Gavin wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Kwando wrote:From what I gather Paragon is consider higher quality brand from the parent company Jadi. They caught my attention but not my pocket book yet... :money: :money:
The models would be a lot more appealing at old Jadi prices than Paragon's.
Ha ha well said! :clap:

Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm

And my wife would be a lot more appealing as an 18 year old virgin, but that ain't reality, is it now?
You can't have your cake and eat it too. No one will give you more for less. And it has been this way for thousand of years.
There is nothing in their catalogue that would fit in my collection, but John Lennon's psychedelic Rolls is definitely calling my name.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm

But I'm not asking to have my cake & eat it too...

My point is, the old Jadi models (TVR's, E60 5-series, Lotus Elise...all in my collection) are very good models for under $40 (all of mine were under $30, actually). The Paragon models are touching $100. More detail, yes, but also way more errors, QC issues & shoddy build.

Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I understand, but it is technically a different company. Besides the average price of models has moved up considerably in a pretty short time. And so have a lot of other things in the world. Everything is now licensed. Some football (or was it basketball) prick, just patented the term "unibrow", because he has one and "don't want someone to make money from growing one" . Can you imagine this? We don't really know what goes on behind the curtains, but I'll bet the game has changed a lot in the last ten years.
Therefore expecting just one segment of the hobby to stay constant, while everything else moves on - not necessary for the better (QC) is basically asking to have your cake and eat it too.
Lets not forget that sometimes the prices have nothing to do with the models themselves. In the case of Mattel and Maisto, they could give them away if they wanted to, because they make so much money from other products. It is not fare to compare them with companies who only make models. I believe Jadi had affiliation with Revell, which is a huge company. Paragon, I think, is just a small company that picked up what was left from Jadi.

Return to “Jadi”