REVIEW:Kyosho Samurai BRZ vs. Ignition AE86 Keiichi Tsuchiya

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
Mr.Impreza

REVIEW:Kyosho Samurai BRZ vs. Ignition AE86 Keiichi Tsuchiya

Post by Mr.Impreza » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Hey, so I made a quick comparison video of the Kyosho Samurai vs Ignition 1:18 Resin models for anybody in the future who was wondering what the main differences are when comparing the 2 companies :)

Introduction

So in this comparison, we will go over paint work, overall detail, weight and overall finish.

Paintwork, Exterior & Interior Detail + Material Feel

So paintwork looks the same on both models.

Interior detail is the same.

Overall the Ignition seems to have more detail on the exterior but this may be due to it being modified.
Also....the weird thing is how they feel different. Even though both are Resin, Kyosho Samurai feels more like a metal while the Ignition feels plastic. The Kyosho feels much more expensive in the hand while the Ignition feels cheaper and very fragile.

Weight of models in Grams

Next, lets go over weight because this is where there is the biggest difference! I weighed everything in grams so have a look for yourself. The Ignition is almost half the weight of the Kyosho Samurai. (Also weighed the figure for fun)

Overall Finish

This is where I was a bit disappointed in the Ignition.

The under body feels and looks extremely cheap. Also, it's a shame they don't write anything under like saying which number out of 199 this one is since it's extremely limited. I really like the small touch how Kyosho Samurai writes the number on the bottom.
The other issue with the Ignition is the gaps. I'll let the pictures do the talking on this one. It's just for these prices....I expect Kyosho Samurai fit and finish since Ignition seems to cost a little bit more. (I have a lot of Kyosho Samurai model and they never have this gap issue)

Final Thoughts

At the end of the day, both models are superb. However I prefer Kyosho Samurai overall, so if I had to choose between 2 models that were the same, I'd always go with Kyosho Samurai.
Ignition, I'd only choose if it's some exclusive like this AE86 model.

I also made a video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52LzzRbS7KQ&feature=youtu.be

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Kyosho Samurai BRZ vs. Ignition AE86 Keiichi Tsuchiya 1:

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:28 pm

That IM has some less desirable elements, and they don't come cheap. On the coolness factor alone it wins!

Return to “Model Reviews”