REVIEW: Ignition Model Mazda RX-7 RE-Amemiya FC3S

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
simono95

REVIEW: Ignition Model Mazda RX-7 RE-Amemiya FC3S

Post by simono95 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Ignition has given us another 1:18 RX-7 with the RE-Amemiya treatment, this time, the second generation FC3S. This is the white version with red, black and blue with black bonnet accompanying this one in its release, other colour and variants are set to release later in the year, retail price is around the £190 (€220. $245)

The model itself is based on RE-Amemiya's own time attack car built in 2002, there is a great 2 part videos of its build
and time attack runs on youtube (video is called 'FC200 Part 1 &2) and in that video it reveals that this rx-7 is pushing 460bhp, which to put into perspective is around 20 more than what the Porsche 993 GT2 had.

Now the model itself, now this thing has presence, probably due to the giant wing or aggressive stance and big canards, paint is solid and decals are plentiful and nicely applied, nothing off centre or crooked.

The car sits on 17" Enkei NT03's which are very well done and finished with a lovely polish look, the slotted brake rotors and brembo brakes are executed beautifully.

A personal favourite detail of mine is the headlight intake (which on the real car goes straight to the single turbo)

The interior is masterfully done, do detail skipped and no dash stick left out, the stand out red bride seats are nicely done as is the fabric belts on the drivers seat.

Overall, I'm very happy with this model and is a great addition to my collection, and I am very happy that the folks over at Ignition Model are giving us models of specific Japanese tuning brands like RE-Amemiya's RX-7's and i hope this trend continues as the FC3S RX-7 doesn't have many models to its name like its successor the FD3S. So I look forward to what Ignition will be producing in the future.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Ignition Model Mazda RX-7 RE-Amemiya FC3S

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed May 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Looks, though I see a few rough areas. For IM price one would think they be near perfect. What is the history behind this car?

simono95

Post by simono95 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:35 pm

It definitely looks near perfect in person, unless my eyesight is failing me :lol: , the story behind it is the team at RE-Amemiya got a very used FC3S and completely transformed it into a full time attack car, full engine rebuild and bridgeported and full in house aero kit.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu May 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Autoart needs to make this car so I can mod it into this. So nice

Return to “Model Reviews”