REVIEW: Shelby Collectibles Ford GT40

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
CobraKing27

REVIEW: Shelby Collectibles Ford GT40

Post by CobraKing27 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:25 pm

I always wanted a 1/18 scale 1966 Ford GT40 Mark II after watching Ford v. Ferrari. This Christmas, I was gifted one from Shelby Collectibles. It costs around $65 USD, and I was unsure of the quality after seeing the price. The reviews were great though, so I put it on my wish list anyway. Upon inspecting the model, I found no paint scratches or imperfections but did find a few mistakes.

1) The shifter on the model is located in the middle of the car. On the real car, it's positioned to the right of the driver's side (which is on the right) close to the door. A small detail, not a big problem.

2) When steering the model, the rocking arm that pivots the steering wheel gets stopped by the spare tire in the frunk, so steering to the left is dampened.

Here are the pictures:

ImageIMG_E1982 by Cobra King, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E1981 by Cobra King, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kmdxv8]Image
IMG_E1980 by Cobra King, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E1979 by Cobra King, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E1977 by Cobra King, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E1984 by Cobra King, on Flickr

I'd give this a proper 4/5, great display model.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Shelby Collectibles Ford GT40

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:45 am

There sure is a lot of value here. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Model Reviews”