REVIEW: Inno64 NSX-R GT chrome black (2021 release)

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
yellowcamaro

REVIEW: Inno64 NSX-R GT chrome black (2021 release)

Post by yellowcamaro » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Alright! My first review on Diecast Society! Actually, my first diecast review put into words. So here goes.

Our subject today is a cool (or at least I think it is) little 1:64 diecast model by Inno64, famous for their JDM culture cars. I'm no JDM guy, but if something has great detail, clean lines and has been made with care, I'm all for it. Plus, we're talking about the 90s Honda NSX here, a car which even in stock form, appeals to non JDM folks like me. To be honest, it's the Clarion Builds NSX (restomod version) that really got me appreciating it, and soon after I found a blue Hotwheels interpretation that pretty much captured the essence of the Clarion.

Back to the Inno, when it arrived, I was slightly taken aback by its size. Is this true 1:64 or slightly smaller? My Hotwheels car is a tad larger, and a MiniGT 1:64 R35 GTR I once bought for someone seemed larger from memory, but I can't be certain without a side-by-side comparo. Anyway, size aside, everything else about it pretty much hit the spot. Being one of their pre-order models, I placed my order in early December and just got it in hand a few days back. Shipment delays. That's ok. So yeah, with online shopping, you could never be too sure what the colour may look like in real life, plus this was a pre-order, so no one else had uploaded real-word photos or Youtube videos for me to scrutinize beforehand. But if the official pre-production shots were anything to go by, that chrome black paintjob sealed the deal right away.

The colours in the photos are as as faithful as possible to the real car, under natural daylight. What you see is pretty much it. Now, why Inno you ask? Isn't the NSX already produced by the likes of Ignition64 / Hobby Japan etc? Yes, there's plenty of competition even in the 1:64 space, but Inno Models got the colour combinations right to bring the details to life. Prior to this I was eyeing the white NSX-R (non GT version) also by Inno, for the above mentioned detailing. Take the interior for example, those attractive red bucket seats (with visible cockpit style seatbelts!) coupled with silver trim on the dashboard is just outstanding. Rival Ignition64 (which costs twice the price here) is all black inside. And don't get me started on the engine details. Now, I'm aware this isn't Tomica Limited Vintage level of machinery (which costs 3X more), but I'm still really content with what's on offer here. Comparing this model to similar price range offerings from MiniGT and even Para64, I dare say the execution of details here is much sharper. I'll let the photos do the talking now. I've got one more thing to add, but let's save that for after the photos!

If you look closely at the rear light bar, notice the almost illuminated light bulbs. Bear in mind, this is a 1:64 :)

Wasn't easy locking focus on this car.. I used a magnifying lens for this shot. You can even make out the DOHC VTEC on the engine!

And now, remember that one more thing? Well, for those who are new to the Inno brand, they actually give you a spare set of wheels to swap if the factory BBS ones aren't up your alley! Look at that. I'm thinking we're looking at some good value here (about CAD25). The wheels don't roll freely btw.

So that concludes this review. The keyboard is relieved. On another note, for those keen on premium 1:64s (on the budget end), MiniGT is putting out some very attractive models too. They've branched out from JDMs to Porsches, Bentleys, Audis, MBs, BMWs & McLarens. Details are acceptable for the asking price (slightly cheaper than Inno), but definitely a step up from our good 'ol Hotwheels, Matchboxes & Majorettes. For those who scrolled all the way here, wow, thank you for your time. I'll try to keep it shorter in the future. Stay safe!!

Last edited by yellowcamaro on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:09 am, edited 9 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Inno64 NSX-R GT chrome black (2021 release)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm

That's quite impressive for 1:64! Thanks for sharing!! Do you mind if we publish it on the main website? Can you email us the photos? TIA

PS - What is your personal fascination with 1:64? Just curious. Thanks.

yellowcamaro

Post by yellowcamaro » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks KRAFTIG! Yes, the model (and its paintjob) is very eye pleasing in real life too. Maybe I wish it was in 1:43 instead hahaha. But I think like most of us here, we started with 1:64s. I still get them simply due to cost & space. The tiny details are always amusing. But I'm not confined to any particular scale, speaking of which there's a 1:18 Otto on its way to my door anytime this week :) My first ever resin..

Feel free to publish the review on your site. I've just emailed you a link to all the photos. Regards.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:39 am

I think most if not all started with 1:64. Thanks for letting us publish. You have been moved to "Contributor" rank. Cheers!

yellowcamaro

Post by yellowcamaro » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am

Awesome, thanks mate 👍

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 am

yellowcamaro wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am
Awesome, thanks mate 👍
No, thank you! :okay:

Return to “Model Reviews”