REVIEW: Spark Porsche 911 Sport Classic

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Spark Porsche 911 Sport Classic

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:34 pm

I see. What I'm haring are more overall fit and finish that may be linked to QC. Yes the model isn't perfect, and the added cost of the model is fuelled by the added display. Though in Spark's defence they still almost a third of the price of the mentioned other brands, though does that matter?

If you already haven't seen checkout HPI resins, they are quite incredible, definitely fit and finish is overall better than Spark from what I've seen first hand.

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:59 am

Perhaps those pictures could explain what I mean. The level of details and the finnishing is just amazing! And this MR costs me just 30€ more then Spark.

Look at the vents finish, unfortunately the 599's mesh is not visible...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 am

I see your point, pics do speak louder than words. Though the difference in price on the above aforementioned model isn't usually the norm for MR, correct me if I'm wrong?

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:13 am

True. Usually MR costs double of that. I was lucky with Modelissimo's auction :)

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I have BBR Ferrari 458 Spider and I am not that impressed by the model.
I think Spark is not that bad for the price. Of course it is not that rare but in the end Spark won't reproduce this model in all possible colours.
Also look at undercarriage The Spark has proper engine details!
I don't think MR put any effort under there.

That said my Sport Classic arrived trashed. The DHL clerk wrote that the parcel's weight is 3 KG when in reality it is 6 KG.
When the parcel reached the customs they had to open it to inspect if something has been inserted there.
Of course they don't know how to handle precision models.
So they broke two mirrors off Spark 997 Sport Classic. Plus on top of that it has two issues with Quality Control.
Also Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2 by AutoArt has been damaged a bit but it is minor I can fix it myself.
So in the end I am not satisfied with my purchase at all.
Now the seller doesn't want to take responsibility unfortunately.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Wow sorry to hear about the carnage, is it being sorted out?

Return to “Model Reviews”